View Single Post
Mohandas_Rand's Avatar Mohandas_Rand
01-15-2012, 07:25 PM

Christ. Best show I've ever seen, hands down.

Intronaut was pretty cool, I suppose. I'm personally not a huge fan of their music, but they weren't bad or anything. I especially don't dig the vocals, but I'm sure many people will enjoy them a lot.

Such fantastic setlist surprises. I almost died when Pushit started, one of my favorite songs. The lyrics changes in Hooker were hilarious ('sold my soul to fuck your mother', 'dope Slipknot tee', 'OGT back from twenty-twelve'). There were plenty of other lyrics changes, but I can't remember them all. At least one Schleyer thrown in for good measure. Maynard was pretty talkative. Mentioned something about "50 year olds shouldn't be so angry" before going into Pushit.

Maynard sounded a little too Hooker and Ticks. Like, "Hey, you know how you guys paid $90 a piece to see us? Well go fuck yourself." And a correction on the pubic hair comment, it was more along the lines of "We decided to play some songs that we haven't played since before some of you had pubic hair." Close enough though.

The band seemed to be having a good time. Justin was definitely rocking the fuck out. I was near the side of the stage, so I probably didn't have the best sound, but it wasn't especially bad or anything. Had a great view though. Got bitched at many times for standing up, even the venue attendant told me to sit down. I told her to fuck off and just moved to another seat, where I got bitched at some more to sit down. Got told twice to put my phone away because I was taking pictures, even though I never took a single picture. While people all over the place were recording HD video on their fucking iPhones.

All in all, really awesome time, other than the 'DOWN IN FRONT!!' pussies and the phone hasslers. I managed to catch one of Danny's drumsticks. Also, a few other fans and myself met Danny, Justin, and Adam out back by the buses. Got signatures, shook hands. Fun night.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #28
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.14.2012 - Reno, NV @ Reno Events Centre

Christ. Best show I've ever seen, hands down.

Intronaut was pretty cool, I suppose. I'm personally not a huge fan of their music, but they weren't bad or anything. I especially don't dig the vocals, but I'm sure many people will enjoy them a lot.

Such fantastic setlist surprises. I almost died when Pushit started, one of my favorite songs. The lyrics changes in Hooker were hilarious ('sold my soul to fuck your mother', 'dope Slipknot tee', 'OGT back from twenty-twelve'). There were plenty of other lyrics changes, but I can't remember them all. At least one Schleyer thrown in for good measure. Maynard was pretty talkative. Mentioned something about "50 year olds shouldn't be so angry" before going into Pushit.

Maynard sounded a little too Hooker and Ticks. Like, "Hey, you know how you guys paid $90 a piece to see us? Well go fuck yourself." And a correction on the pubic hair comment, it was more along the lines of "We decided to play some songs that we haven't played since before some of you had pubic hair." Close enough though.

The band seemed to be having a good time. Justin was definitely rocking the fuck out. I was near the side of the stage, so I probably didn't have the best sound, but it wasn't especially bad or anything. Had a great view though. Got bitched at many times for standing up, even the venue attendant told me to sit down. I told her to fuck off and just moved to another seat, where I got bitched at some more to sit down. Got told twice to put my phone away because I was taking pictures, even though I never took a single picture. While people all over the place were recording HD video on their fucking iPhones.

All in all, really awesome time, other than the 'DOWN IN FRONT!!' pussies and the phone hasslers. I managed to catch one of Danny's drumsticks. Also, a few other fans and myself met Danny, Justin, and Adam out back by the buses. Got signatures, shook hands. Fun night.