View Single Post
AlsoKnownAsGG
01-15-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyB View Post
How were Maynard's vocals?
He sounded great I thought. He actually screamed during Ticks and Leeches and it wasn't a pathetic little scream like he has done during The Outsider for APC, he went full out and sounded awesome. The only part I thought he sounded kinda crappy was during the verses of Ticks and Leeches. I think that had to do with the megaphone or whatever vocal effects he was using more than his actual voice though. And like stated above, during Lateralus he stops during the 2nd verse and says "Sorry, got a frog. Maybe you all will sing it for me." Those incidents aside, he was spot on, the vocals for Pushit especially were phenomenal.

.....Also, during Hooker With a Penis, he changed the lyrics to "I sold my soul to fuck your mother," which the crowd loved.

...And after the first few songs he says "Welcome to hell" and "Some of these songs have been around longer than you have had pubic hair."

I have seen people asking which version of Pushit they played. It was the Aenima version with a little of the Salival version mixed in during the quiet interlude. And they played the fast and slow interludes during schism.*

The visuals they played during The Pot didn't look like a music video but I could be wrong. Most of it was a red screen with a red person/skeleton/alien thing moving around. The visuals during Intension were really nice, different from when I saw it in LA in 2010. The visuals were a mix of purple and blue foggy clouds floating infront of the stage with a few green lasers going out to the sides. But,the most awesome *visuals were during the break before the encore. The screen had an intricate design of blue, green, yellow and purple skinny lines circled by the Lateralus eyes. The screen stayed like that and then started rotating counter clockwise. Then a bright purple muscular/skeleton body came on with it's backside facing the audience and then it started moving in circles, rolling upside down then right side up with the background. I would have liked the break to last longer just so I could stare at it some more. Hope they play it at the other shows so you all can see it. Another cool visual was during.....I forget which song, but it was reminiscent of the naked person in the Aenima booklet rocking back and forth. It had like 6 of those naked people connected to each other in a circle and they rocked back and forth in unison.....so it kind of looked like they were sticking their heads up each other's ass.

When the encore was about to start, with those awesome spinning visuals still playing, Danny comes on stage, goes to his drum set and starts making this super low pitched sound. It repeats slowly, over and over, getting higher and higher pitched each time until eventually it's so high pitched that it kills your ears. At that moment, the rest of the band come on and Maynard starts The Pot.*

Not really necessary to comment on Adam, Justin and Danny because they sounded awesome as they always do. I was also right behind the sound board so that might have made a difference. Danny especially killed on Tick and Leeches and Justin's bass was soooo clean and had the perfect tone.
In have never seen Justin so hyped up for a show before. I've only seem them 8 times sine 10,000 Days but man....that dude was going completely insane. I thought he was either going to fall backwards or land flat on his face he was rocking back&forth so hard. Oh, he also shaved his head if anyone cares. Going back to the Aenima days.

Adam seemed super happy at the end of the show. Like normal, Maynard walked off stage while the rest of the band waved to the crowd. Justin walked off next. Then it was just Adam and Danny and they hugged. Then Danny walked off. Adam stayed a bit longer waving and staring at the audience. He seemed so psyched to be there. Right before walking off stage, he made a move/gesture that sports players make when they score a touchdown or make a basket, bending both arms and fastly pulling them down towards his chest like "Fuck yeah! "

Awesome awesome show!! Although I would have liked Hush,Cold & Ugly, D/R/T and an Undertow track, I can't possibly complain. Shit....I just realized they didn't play Parabol > Parabola. I'd also KILL TO SEE H. The show could have done without Schism, The Pot and Lateralus, IMO. But again, no complaints. Just getting Ticks and Leeches, Pushit (JESUS FUCK, PUSHIT WAS INSANE) and Intension again, combined with the band's stellar performance and enthusiasm was beyond worth it. If you are on the fence about going to see them this tour, GO!

Note about merchandise: Not many interesting shirts but there are some pretty cool keychains. There is also an awesome small tour poster. It's small and has a tan-ish background with what looked like a mutated woman dressed in red...or with red hair. Anyway, the colors were tan and red. It's an awesome poster and sold out fast.*

The crowd was drunk and happy. But getting into the venue was a bitch. There was only one door for entry. Hundreds to thousands of people were lining sidewalks and blocking streets waiting in the line that stretched around the city. But still, everyone was in great spirits, drunk & happy. Amazing. I want to go again.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.14.2012 - Reno, NV @ Reno Events Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyB View Post
How were Maynard's vocals?
He sounded great I thought. He actually screamed during Ticks and Leeches and it wasn't a pathetic little scream like he has done during The Outsider for APC, he went full out and sounded awesome. The only part I thought he sounded kinda crappy was during the verses of Ticks and Leeches. I think that had to do with the megaphone or whatever vocal effects he was using more than his actual voice though. And like stated above, during Lateralus he stops during the 2nd verse and says "Sorry, got a frog. Maybe you all will sing it for me." Those incidents aside, he was spot on, the vocals for Pushit especially were phenomenal.

.....Also, during Hooker With a Penis, he changed the lyrics to "I sold my soul to fuck your mother," which the crowd loved.

...And after the first few songs he says "Welcome to hell" and "Some of these songs have been around longer than you have had pubic hair."

I have seen people asking which version of Pushit they played. It was the Aenima version with a little of the Salival version mixed in during the quiet interlude. And they played the fast and slow interludes during schism.*

The visuals they played during The Pot didn't look like a music video but I could be wrong. Most of it was a red screen with a red person/skeleton/alien thing moving around. The visuals during Intension were really nice, different from when I saw it in LA in 2010. The visuals were a mix of purple and blue foggy clouds floating infront of the stage with a few green lasers going out to the sides. But,the most awesome *visuals were during the break before the encore. The screen had an intricate design of blue, green, yellow and purple skinny lines circled by the Lateralus eyes. The screen stayed like that and then started rotating counter clockwise. Then a bright purple muscular/skeleton body came on with it's backside facing the audience and then it started moving in circles, rolling upside down then right side up with the background. I would have liked the break to last longer just so I could stare at it some more. Hope they play it at the other shows so you all can see it. Another cool visual was during.....I forget which song, but it was reminiscent of the naked person in the Aenima booklet rocking back and forth. It had like 6 of those naked people connected to each other in a circle and they rocked back and forth in unison.....so it kind of looked like they were sticking their heads up each other's ass.

When the encore was about to start, with those awesome spinning visuals still playing, Danny comes on stage, goes to his drum set and starts making this super low pitched sound. It repeats slowly, over and over, getting higher and higher pitched each time until eventually it's so high pitched that it kills your ears. At that moment, the rest of the band come on and Maynard starts The Pot.*

Not really necessary to comment on Adam, Justin and Danny because they sounded awesome as they always do. I was also right behind the sound board so that might have made a difference. Danny especially killed on Tick and Leeches and Justin's bass was soooo clean and had the perfect tone.
In have never seen Justin so hyped up for a show before. I've only seem them 8 times sine 10,000 Days but man....that dude was going completely insane. I thought he was either going to fall backwards or land flat on his face he was rocking back&forth so hard. Oh, he also shaved his head if anyone cares. Going back to the Aenima days.

Adam seemed super happy at the end of the show. Like normal, Maynard walked off stage while the rest of the band waved to the crowd. Justin walked off next. Then it was just Adam and Danny and they hugged. Then Danny walked off. Adam stayed a bit longer waving and staring at the audience. He seemed so psyched to be there. Right before walking off stage, he made a move/gesture that sports players make when they score a touchdown or make a basket, bending both arms and fastly pulling them down towards his chest like "Fuck yeah! "

Awesome awesome show!! Although I would have liked Hush,Cold & Ugly, D/R/T and an Undertow track, I can't possibly complain. Shit....I just realized they didn't play Parabol > Parabola. I'd also KILL TO SEE H. The show could have done without Schism, The Pot and Lateralus, IMO. But again, no complaints. Just getting Ticks and Leeches, Pushit (JESUS FUCK, PUSHIT WAS INSANE) and Intension again, combined with the band's stellar performance and enthusiasm was beyond worth it. If you are on the fence about going to see them this tour, GO!

Note about merchandise: Not many interesting shirts but there are some pretty cool keychains. There is also an awesome small tour poster. It's small and has a tan-ish background with what looked like a mutated woman dressed in red...or with red hair. Anyway, the colors were tan and red. It's an awesome poster and sold out fast.*

The crowd was drunk and happy. But getting into the venue was a bitch. There was only one door for entry. Hundreds to thousands of people were lining sidewalks and blocking streets waiting in the line that stretched around the city. But still, everyone was in great spirits, drunk & happy. Amazing. I want to go again.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote