Thread: tonight
View Single Post
ivasativa's Avatar ivasativa
08-12-2007, 08:37 AM

I cant read the whole thread obviously. But I noticed some discussion about how TOOL's music has changed, and I really wanna input on it so:

Change is usually denied out of fear, you know fear of the unknown mostly.

Change is inevitable. That is a law, just look around for a bit. The existing variation today has come about as a result of evolution--ary change and every single moment in nature , to which we are inherent , changes.

Going away from biology to the more spiritual realms of existence which encompass all other levels, change of the personality is usually welcomed. No?
You want to feel different, react differently and stop living the same drama that after 25 uears at least you have realized is becoming some ill pattern. Absurd to go about changing everything else around, so you are left with the only thing you ever had that being your responsibility. It takes a realization, a choice, an expression and you get to feed on the fruits of your own creations.
Accepting and allowing change opens the conscious freedom to possibilities. The things you like about yourself, you try to deepen somehow.

TOOL is an old band we all know how old.
I personally celebrate their constant steady change because its been rubbin me just right all these years of many changes that I myself have gone through, for example, but so has the whole world and collective consciousness.
I celebrate TOOL's recognition of and ability to tirelessly contribute to the change of mind frame that is so desperately needed in this civilization. Honestly 10 years ago I had no hope, 5 years ago I realized that its inevitable but still could not imagine that it is possible, and today I see it clearly happening.

To move from the average 5 min song to an average of 9 (maybe?) is an expression of a changing inner need being satisfied. Along with that Keenans lyrics are becoming cleaner, more essential, direct... and that is an expression of an inner state of change (whoever may be writing them).

Its conscious individuals that stand behind this music and it is their expression.

If you could just realize the changing nature of our nature then you should, i suppose you would, with the process of its realization, start loving change without judging it which in cases when you dont personally agree with it or simply dont like it, will at least leave you with a certain respect and appreciation that may therefore open up some kind of understanding of it that would certainly releave you of a lot of frustration and refusal you may be feeling.

Is this going too far... ?
Old 08-12-2007, 08:37 AM   #527
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: tonight

I cant read the whole thread obviously. But I noticed some discussion about how TOOL's music has changed, and I really wanna input on it so:

Change is usually denied out of fear, you know fear of the unknown mostly.

Change is inevitable. That is a law, just look around for a bit. The existing variation today has come about as a result of evolution--ary change and every single moment in nature , to which we are inherent , changes.

Going away from biology to the more spiritual realms of existence which encompass all other levels, change of the personality is usually welcomed. No?
You want to feel different, react differently and stop living the same drama that after 25 uears at least you have realized is becoming some ill pattern. Absurd to go about changing everything else around, so you are left with the only thing you ever had that being your responsibility. It takes a realization, a choice, an expression and you get to feed on the fruits of your own creations.
Accepting and allowing change opens the conscious freedom to possibilities. The things you like about yourself, you try to deepen somehow.

TOOL is an old band we all know how old.
I personally celebrate their constant steady change because its been rubbin me just right all these years of many changes that I myself have gone through, for example, but so has the whole world and collective consciousness.
I celebrate TOOL's recognition of and ability to tirelessly contribute to the change of mind frame that is so desperately needed in this civilization. Honestly 10 years ago I had no hope, 5 years ago I realized that its inevitable but still could not imagine that it is possible, and today I see it clearly happening.

To move from the average 5 min song to an average of 9 (maybe?) is an expression of a changing inner need being satisfied. Along with that Keenans lyrics are becoming cleaner, more essential, direct... and that is an expression of an inner state of change (whoever may be writing them).

Its conscious individuals that stand behind this music and it is their expression.

If you could just realize the changing nature of our nature then you should, i suppose you would, with the process of its realization, start loving change without judging it which in cases when you dont personally agree with it or simply dont like it, will at least leave you with a certain respect and appreciation that may therefore open up some kind of understanding of it that would certainly releave you of a lot of frustration and refusal you may be feeling.

Is this going too far... ?