View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 05:13 PM   #19
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 35
Re: 2007/01/21 - Gold Coast, AUS - Parklands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
the free lipton ice tea went down a treat!
what!? where? how was i not informed?

i was given a 'hot tip' before the bdo that prime position would be at the front of muse but right over towards the stage where tool would be when muse ended, as the D would open up on this side at this time, while everyone was trying to get in over the other side. i dont know how hot the tip was. i found myself, 10 minutes out from tool up against the fence half way in, kinda like, i didn't even know there was a fence here! (its not that i hate muse, but when all you want to do is ensure yourself a good tool experience, its like eternal unrelenting nails on a blackboard kinda shit)

anyway, muse finishes and theres a row of tool fans in front of me getting ready to jump this fence even though theres a security guard fight in front of it, but they spent about 5 agonising minutes trying to psyche up to this. it probably wasn't even that long but it felt like an eternity, standing there knowing i was gonna have the shittiest spot ever. then the guard maybe let one of the guys over, a few more followed and then i jumped. security kind of goes 'oi' and followes while i try to avoid him then goes 'sorry mate, you have to get out, and points down the stream of people leaving muse in the gap between the two stage areas. haha, nice try buddy. if he'd been a bit more forceful or called his huge mates over i could have been in a real spot of shit, but i just pushed my way through the crowd and won myself quite a good position by the start of the set

goddamn i want to get to one of these real tool shows down south... if anyone can help me out with a ticket then we can take my car... anybody?

'zor

edit - im pretty sure that spacy keyboard interlude spoken about by others was played by maynard to bring in vicarious, though it may have been lateralus.

plus, that1guy puts on a killer show, i was introduced to him at woodford on new years, heaps better set, being at night and in a tent full of people who had all week to hear about him, and he shot smoke outta the magic pipe! highly recommended for anyone doing these other bdo's

Last edited by erazorhead; 01-22-2007 at 05:20 PM..
OFFLINE |