View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 03:51 AM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/01/21 - Gold Coast, AUS - Parklands

Well I nearly missed my 4th Tool show. Me and a couple of mates were passing a J around at about 3pm in the middle of the crowd on the main oval, and 4 suss dudes in jeans grabbed us. Undercover D's. They got me first coz i was holding the J. After a few quick questions they were dead set going to let me go, until they found 3 more j's in my mates pocket. We got arrested, marched to some rooms in the grandstand where a lot (i mean a lot) of other people were in the same situation. They were very nice about it. Almost apologetic actually. They offered us a 'diversion' (go to a 2 hour drug lecture) where you get no record or fine or anything - basically a misdemeanor or warning, which i accepted straight away. The alternative was to fight the charge and get done for possession. I thought 'i'm gone here i'm fucken gettin kicked out' but they ended up lettin me back in!. I thought my mate was gone coz he had a stash but same with him, 'diversion', let back in. Another guy with us had some serious shit on him too and got away with it. They didn't even search me at all (not that i had anything). So fucken unlucky (mate there were J's everywhere) but very lucky not to get kicked out and miss Tool.

Pretty pissed off as i only have the odd J a few times a year. I've been to may a BDO and haven't seen any D's before. But they were all over the place yesterday. I'd say hundereds got done, judging the rate they were bringing them in while i was getting 'processed'.

Needless to say i was pretty thankful i got to see them play. I stood at the middle in the back of the D, and it sounded great. A guy next to me reckons he was drinkin with Justin and Adam Sat night in a bar in Surfers. Probably full of shit. Setlist as expected, but would have preferred Rosetta. I guess i will hear it Wednesday. Won't be takin any drugs to Sydney..
OFFLINE |