View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 06:43 PM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/01/21 - Gold Coast, AUS - Parklands

First and foremost Tool rocked the show. They were so tight, it was an absolute pleasure to witness.
The knucklehead factor in the mosh was bloody ridiculous. For the majority of the set it was a struggle to stand up. (I was about 5 metres back, dead centre) As an indication of the vibe in the section I was, at one stage this really cool guy found a dunlop volley on the ground and decided to throw it at Adam, missing him by about a metre. I voiced my outrage but was shocked that the general consensus was that this was hilarious. A word of warning to those planning to see Tool at the remaining BDOs, you might want to hang back a bit. Telling these people to chill-out wasn't too effective surprisingly enough.
Back to the show... highlights for me included 46 &2, Opiate and Aenima but the whole set was awesome. Vicarious was played slower than on the record but the final chorus was wicked. The lighting really picked up for the last two songs. There was a grid of green lasers coming out over the crowd that was amazing.
Im really hoping that tool play a brissy show if they come back later in the year.
Overall I would describe my experience seeing tool as physically punishing and mentally uplifting.
Peace to all the Tool fans
OFFLINE |