View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 06:01 PM   #11
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/01/21 - Gold Coast, AUS - Parklands

Tool again prove why they are the best band around as they dilvered the best BDO set ever. They were so damn tight. I was actually dissapointed with the set list. I didnt want to hear Sober as i heard it before and its one of my least fav tool songs. Opiate was brilliant and lateralus is up there as my fav tool song so seeing that live again was amazing. The rest was pretty much their singles all of them they i have previously seen. As for visuals it was the best visual expierence in my recent memory at BDO, actually it was the best visuals at bdo all time period. Fellars watch out for channel v they record all the shows and play it the whole day for the sydney show.

Aenima and vicarious was my high-light.

I was near the front, waited their since the killers started playing. Jet were pathetic and tool fans got restless while muse were playing on the other stage. Stinkfist and pot were my least fav songs of the set list. The mosh pit (if you could call it that) was just out of hand and i was a small guy couldnt see the stage, so i darted towards the back and watch tool how it should be, then i really enjoy the set.

I was very dissapointed with my mates, except for the one. They didnt even watch tool which has been my fav band for years, i believe just as spite. Instead they said they were crap as they listen to them outside the park, instead they said muse was the best visual show they have seen. Ignorant ppl, i want to throw poo at them :D. My mate that watch it was quiet amazed at the visuals, for them to play that tight in sync and for that long must be awesome.

So my final thoughts, Brilliant, what do you expect, the band got into it, maynard was his alien self but was it better than the entertainment centre around 2002? NO. No where near, though it was a wonderful joy hearing opiete live, and the new songs, but 90mins that was full of fillers just isnt enough. This visuals were awesome but doesnt live up to a proper concert hall

I tell you what the bad news is maynard, and there is bad news, your not coming to brisbane.

BTW anyone see the BDO cd. Not a tool song on it. Whats wrong with this world?

PLS come back tool as you said this year. I need a full tool show.
OFFLINE |