View Single Post
MusicMissionary
06-25-2010, 04:21 AM

This was my first Tool show and I loved it. I work for the local paper here (Hill Country News) and managed to get a review pass. Totally unexpected. Like finding a hundred dollar bill on the sidewalk. They said no at first and then told me the day before the show that I could go. They also let us send a photographer in for the first song and he got some great shots. I haven't done my story yet (it's a weekly), but I reviewed the show on my blog (http://musicmissionary.wordpress.com) and put a link to the photo gallery in it. It was one of the best shows I've ever seen by anyone. I did experience what some people in this thread mentioned: trouble hearing Maynard's voice. I thought it was just me - I have tinnitus issues. Maybe it had to do with where you were in the venue? Anyway, it wasn't a big deal. I loved the show. Definitely have to see another one although I probably can't do it again in this tour. Hopefully there will be others if the world doesn't end too soon.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:21 AM   #55
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.22.2010 - Cedar Park, TX @ Cedar Park Center

This was my first Tool show and I loved it. I work for the local paper here (Hill Country News) and managed to get a review pass. Totally unexpected. Like finding a hundred dollar bill on the sidewalk. They said no at first and then told me the day before the show that I could go. They also let us send a photographer in for the first song and he got some great shots. I haven't done my story yet (it's a weekly), but I reviewed the show on my blog (http://musicmissionary.wordpress.com) and put a link to the photo gallery in it. It was one of the best shows I've ever seen by anyone. I did experience what some people in this thread mentioned: trouble hearing Maynard's voice. I thought it was just me - I have tinnitus issues. Maybe it had to do with where you were in the venue? Anyway, it wasn't a big deal. I loved the show. Definitely have to see another one although I probably can't do it again in this tour. Hopefully there will be others if the world doesn't end too soon.
OFFLINE |