View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 12:53 AM   #26
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/02/04 - Perth, AUS - Claremont Showgrounds

Well.

I'm probably the biggest tool fanboy you can possibly get. TA member. waited 4.5 hours in front of the blue stage and had a perfect view. It was really brilliant to see them live but i don't understand why nobody has commented on how FUCKED UP Maynard's PA was the whole night!

It was damn near IMPOSSIBLE to hear him AT ALL, and i damn well should have been able to - being front row, dead centre. yes, there were dickheads screaming the lyrics loudly, but usually maynard's voice is 50 times louder than anything else around besides the music.

i honestly hardly heard anything but the instruments.

Did any of you notice how fucking INSANELY angry he got when he was screaming at the sound tech to the left of the stage?
he was angrier than i've ever seen him.
he slammed his foot down while he was screaming at him, then threw his mic at him.
he didn't sing ANY of the last 2 minutes of aenima, and countless other parts of songs. he was just so fucking angry he didnt really seem to care about the performance at all.

it was wonderful to see my favourite band, but i have ABSOLUTELY seen them do better on countless occasions, and it was plain obvious to see that the sound levels were fucked beyond recognition and Maynard was too angry to be interested in the set. they cut the set by about 10-15 minutes; enough for 2 more songs. they didn't play sober or the pot, which they normally would have in this touring cycle, and i'm afraid to say that when it comes to the majesty of tool, this was one of the worst sets i've EVER seen.

I can't wait to see them at their own show, i have so much faith and reverence in their ability and wish them better luck in the future.
OFFLINE |