View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 07:51 AM   #115
Disgruntled Postal Worker

Bincount™: 176
Re: Tool Tour [Winter 2012]

Quote:
Originally Posted by praefector View Post
would you rather them shit out a new album every two or three years that they didn't take their time with? i'm okay with them taking their time on the record, and if they want to play some gigs in the meantime, that is just a bonus.
Well first me saying "I wish there was a new album out instead of another mini tour" is not saying "They should shit out albums every two or three years". I'm also ok with them taking their time, and if they hadn't already done this 2 or 3 times in the past I'd be like "oh cool they're getting together to start getting a groove back etc. etc." Remember this all stemmed from me saying "oh we're not touring in support of a new album?" which I would guess is a sentiment most fans have. This was NOT a mention of "don't ever tour unless there's a new album".

Quote:
if tool toured once every 6 years you'd be complaining that they hated their fans because they aren't playing any concerts.
and that would also be a feeling most fans have.

Quote:
seeing a band live only completes the experience, so i simply can't conceive why you're upset that they are touring.
I'm not upset they're touring. I just can't help but be skeptical that except for a couple different songs this is the same show we've seen for 6 years and wonder where this is coming from.

Quote:
i've seen tool 4 times (a modest total i know) they still have quite a stash of music i HAVEN'T seen them play live yet.
And you probably WON'T. Now I feel like I have to add before someone gets asspained: "But that's ok if a band doesn't play all their songs at shows it doesn't mean they are a shitty band live. Having said that, I wish they would mix up their set list a lot for this so it doesn't feel like a rehashed version of what we've been seeing for more than half a decade. And I do know they play songs like Third Eye which is fucking awesome, but I think that with no news on a new album I'm hesitant about this tour, especially with Puscifer and other projects going on. Don't you wish there was a new album coming out, instead, that they were touring for? I sure do. Granted live Tool is some Tool, so that's good, but this looks similar to what they've done in the past and I think there's an element of 'we know we'll sell out venues, let's go play a few stadiums'. Which I don't appreciate as a fan, but I recognize that is my own opinion."

Not as catchy as my first post, but maybe this makes it more clear.

tl;dr I wish they were touring in support of a new album instead of yet another mini tour that promises a great live act but something that we've seen over and over.