View Single Post
hellboy1975's Avatar hellboy1975
06-12-2019, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
HB, any thoughts on when might see the first single and/or some cover art? End of Euro run?
I have no real insight at this point. My best guess is that we'll see more info in July once they're done touring.

As for the new songs, I'm quite happy with both. While I agree with some of the criticisms say they sound like rehashed Tool riffs, that's just fine with me, and I enjoy repeat listens of both of them. Despite the having strong links to older Tool songs, I think they are sufficiently original in parts that they hold their own pretty well. While Maynard doesn't really push himself vocally, I'm satisfied with how he sings, and the lyrics are decent too I reckon. I think the instrumental half of Descending, and Adam's solos on that work will shine on the recording, more so than the live stuff. Super keen to hear more.

I'll reserve judgement until the album arrives in regards to them being better or worse than other Tool stuff.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:40 PM   #6086
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619
Re: General Tool Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
HB, any thoughts on when might see the first single and/or some cover art? End of Euro run?
I have no real insight at this point. My best guess is that we'll see more info in July once they're done touring.

As for the new songs, I'm quite happy with both. While I agree with some of the criticisms say they sound like rehashed Tool riffs, that's just fine with me, and I enjoy repeat listens of both of them. Despite the having strong links to older Tool songs, I think they are sufficiently original in parts that they hold their own pretty well. While Maynard doesn't really push himself vocally, I'm satisfied with how he sings, and the lyrics are decent too I reckon. I think the instrumental half of Descending, and Adam's solos on that work will shine on the recording, more so than the live stuff. Super keen to hear more.

I'll reserve judgement until the album arrives in regards to them being better or worse than other Tool stuff.