View Single Post
unifiedtheory's Avatar unifiedtheory
12-02-2007, 04:07 PM

My 7th and I'm going to my 8th on Tuesday. Not the best TOOL gig I've seen but it was an excellent show none the less.

The sound was quite good, perfect volume IMO, the mix was good although MJK was a little quiet. I think they are toning him down a little because of all the shows they are doing in a short period of time. I don't care who the singer is, if you are giving it all you have 11 times in 18 days you are going to get weak (and it shows with the Missoula show being postponed).

I do have a MAJOR complaint though, that I have already forwarded to the Save on Foods Center. The venue was cool and clean BUT the service was TERRIBLE! I got to the show at 7:00 and did not get in the building until 8:00. Then the merch lineup was a horror show, took me almost 45 minutes to get a poster. While I was waiting in the merch lineup my girl got in the beer lineup, she was still standing there when I got there. It took almost an hour in total to get to the front of the beer lineup, only to be limited to 1. I finally got my beer, got to my seat (row 30 on the floor) and the show started about 3 minutes later.

It should not take 2 hours to go from the front door, get a poster and grab 1 beer. Save on Foods Center was totally unprepared. The kids they had working at the consessions were out of their element and they were badly understaffed. It did not help that they were "carding" EVERYONE, no matter what they looked like. One friend I was there with is 37, full beard, 6'3" and 260 LBS and had to produce a birth certificate and a picture ID, ridiculous.

I know they have to limit beer sales because of the "idiot" element. That said, the REASON the beer lineup was so long is because you can only buy 1. You have people buying a beer and then going to the back of the line to wait for another, you let that person buy 2 it would decrease the line up.

Everett is next for me (hopefully it won't be postponed).
Old 12-02-2007, 04:07 PM   #10
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dec 01 Victoria Save On Foods Memorial Center

My 7th and I'm going to my 8th on Tuesday. Not the best TOOL gig I've seen but it was an excellent show none the less.

The sound was quite good, perfect volume IMO, the mix was good although MJK was a little quiet. I think they are toning him down a little because of all the shows they are doing in a short period of time. I don't care who the singer is, if you are giving it all you have 11 times in 18 days you are going to get weak (and it shows with the Missoula show being postponed).

I do have a MAJOR complaint though, that I have already forwarded to the Save on Foods Center. The venue was cool and clean BUT the service was TERRIBLE! I got to the show at 7:00 and did not get in the building until 8:00. Then the merch lineup was a horror show, took me almost 45 minutes to get a poster. While I was waiting in the merch lineup my girl got in the beer lineup, she was still standing there when I got there. It took almost an hour in total to get to the front of the beer lineup, only to be limited to 1. I finally got my beer, got to my seat (row 30 on the floor) and the show started about 3 minutes later.

It should not take 2 hours to go from the front door, get a poster and grab 1 beer. Save on Foods Center was totally unprepared. The kids they had working at the consessions were out of their element and they were badly understaffed. It did not help that they were "carding" EVERYONE, no matter what they looked like. One friend I was there with is 37, full beard, 6'3" and 260 LBS and had to produce a birth certificate and a picture ID, ridiculous.

I know they have to limit beer sales because of the "idiot" element. That said, the REASON the beer lineup was so long is because you can only buy 1. You have people buying a beer and then going to the back of the line to wait for another, you let that person buy 2 it would decrease the line up.

Everett is next for me (hopefully it won't be postponed).
OFFLINE |