View Single Post
CrazyJoeDevola's Avatar CrazyJoeDevola
09-05-2019, 07:37 AM

I'm willing to bet (Hello, again after about a 9 year absence, by the way) that as many retailers are showing up that they have stock of this again as of 9/4/19 that what really happened is the purchasers of practically every store across the country saw the wholesale price of this monster and panicked like fuck thinking they'd be sitting on tons of copies (if they had purchased in quantities that they have purchased for past Tool CD's) because they figured demand would not support its movement off the shelves. Large retailers probably got small quantities for this reason and now that 1000's of assholes like me have been inquiring about this joke of a physical release they hit up their distributors for more. I have a hard time believing that what's showing up in stores now is a second printing. I think they were just the forsaken-by-way-of-cost quantities that were sitting at distros waiting to be valued by retailers. There's no way something this complex got assembled (there's a fucking HD video screen in these assholes) from scratch, printed, packaged, wrapped, boxed and shipped through all the channels out of the manufacturing plant in just 5 days.

But what do I know.
I think this song is about old people and growing older. In the beginning of the song I believe I heard mention of watching re-runs of X-files, and old people really love that show.No one ever listens to old people. I can't remember one time when they weren't harping on about the good ol' days and talking about nonsensical things that never happened, while watching X-files, in their small and cluttered room in Happy Acres Retirement Homes, all the while they were pleading with me to listen.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:37 AM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7
Re: Physical Album Copy, US?

I'm willing to bet (Hello, again after about a 9 year absence, by the way) that as many retailers are showing up that they have stock of this again as of 9/4/19 that what really happened is the purchasers of practically every store across the country saw the wholesale price of this monster and panicked like fuck thinking they'd be sitting on tons of copies (if they had purchased in quantities that they have purchased for past Tool CD's) because they figured demand would not support its movement off the shelves. Large retailers probably got small quantities for this reason and now that 1000's of assholes like me have been inquiring about this joke of a physical release they hit up their distributors for more. I have a hard time believing that what's showing up in stores now is a second printing. I think they were just the forsaken-by-way-of-cost quantities that were sitting at distros waiting to be valued by retailers. There's no way something this complex got assembled (there's a fucking HD video screen in these assholes) from scratch, printed, packaged, wrapped, boxed and shipped through all the channels out of the manufacturing plant in just 5 days.

But what do I know.
I think this song is about old people and growing older. In the beginning of the song I believe I heard mention of watching re-runs of X-files, and old people really love that show.No one ever listens to old people. I can't remember one time when they weren't harping on about the good ol' days and talking about nonsensical things that never happened, while watching X-files, in their small and cluttered room in Happy Acres Retirement Homes, all the while they were pleading with me to listen.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote