View Single Post
ZantheriaN
07-26-2009, 08:14 AM

This was my 5th time seein em, and the third time to see this show!
I lost my weed, so this was the first sober show ever. I spent $200 on shitty nosebleed seats
And another $100 to get me, my wife, and cousin in the pit. I was able to do this in '07 as well. But regardless of everything, it was a very
Memorable show. They started, once again, with Jambi. As soon as Justin started his riff, the place exploded!

I knew as soon as they announced the venue, that there were going to be some problems.
I've been to this Nikia countless times, I've seen APC there at least 4! Not to mention Manson, The Mars Volta, and many
Others. THEIR SOUND SYSTEM HAS ALWAYS SUCKED SWEATY DONKEY BALLS! This time there were way too many effects going through
Those under powered pieces of shit.

However, you cannot have a bad time in the pit of a TooL show, this was the most
fun I've had seeing them, and I totally agree that the technical issues added even more
To the tight ambiance of the night. The setlist was very similar to the other tours, with some
Small exceptions. They improvised almost at will, and the maynardisms were awesome, and I got a personal one
About midway through the show, I took advantage of a quiet moment and asked them , quite enthusiastically, to play something
Off of OPIATE! Maynard returned "huge fan, front and center!" DAMN RIGHT
That was the high lite of my evening!!! The drum battle between Ashton and Danny during Lateralus was amazing, and easily came in as the close
second! I really don't know why Maynard left right after Vicarious, he usually does stay
Out with the other guys. I'm sure he just had to piss, he is getting pretty old
And I don't think he could get that police uniform over his adult diaper!

P.S.
When I finally found my car, I got a blow job, and I found one of the
joints I lost, I turned out to be a very bad ass evening, even though I paid more
Money to get into a single show than my car payment, it was worth
Every penny, and I urge everyon to attend their tour date!

Last edited by ZantheriaN; 07-26-2009 at 08:22 AM..
Old 07-26-2009, 08:14 AM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.25.09 - Dallas, TX @ Nokia Theatre (Grand Prairie)

This was my 5th time seein em, and the third time to see this show!
I lost my weed, so this was the first sober show ever. I spent $200 on shitty nosebleed seats
And another $100 to get me, my wife, and cousin in the pit. I was able to do this in '07 as well. But regardless of everything, it was a very
Memorable show. They started, once again, with Jambi. As soon as Justin started his riff, the place exploded!

I knew as soon as they announced the venue, that there were going to be some problems.
I've been to this Nikia countless times, I've seen APC there at least 4! Not to mention Manson, The Mars Volta, and many
Others. THEIR SOUND SYSTEM HAS ALWAYS SUCKED SWEATY DONKEY BALLS! This time there were way too many effects going through
Those under powered pieces of shit.

However, you cannot have a bad time in the pit of a TooL show, this was the most
fun I've had seeing them, and I totally agree that the technical issues added even more
To the tight ambiance of the night. The setlist was very similar to the other tours, with some
Small exceptions. They improvised almost at will, and the maynardisms were awesome, and I got a personal one
About midway through the show, I took advantage of a quiet moment and asked them , quite enthusiastically, to play something
Off of OPIATE! Maynard returned "huge fan, front and center!" DAMN RIGHT
That was the high lite of my evening!!! The drum battle between Ashton and Danny during Lateralus was amazing, and easily came in as the close
second! I really don't know why Maynard left right after Vicarious, he usually does stay
Out with the other guys. I'm sure he just had to piss, he is getting pretty old
And I don't think he could get that police uniform over his adult diaper!

P.S.
When I finally found my car, I got a blow job, and I found one of the
joints I lost, I turned out to be a very bad ass evening, even though I paid more
Money to get into a single show than my car payment, it was worth
Every penny, and I urge everyon to attend their tour date!

Last edited by ZantheriaN; 07-26-2009 at 08:22 AM..
OFFLINE |