View Single Post
CLaybobMastadon
07-25-2009, 09:33 PM

Maynard's police uniform was classic!

Huge thanks to the guys for making this a great show!

I had not seen Tool since Ozfest '98 with many many many other great bands of the time. This blows that away! I even had seats WAAAAAAAY up in section 402 h18 (the guy rockin the fuck ot with a j, not the asshole that almost got arrested) and it still sounded great. Couldn't have been a bad seat in the house except for maybe the pit. if you're down there that close, you're missing some AMAZING LIGHTS and stage projections. Absolutely mind blowing.

I knew the setlist going in and everything still seemed to be a surprise. Few songs were played in album format. Many variations but all excellent! When i saw them in '98, i really wanted to hear "Flood" and they didn't play it. tonight makes the 11 year wait all worth it.

*When I FINALLY made it into the venue (2 beers in hand) at the beginning of "Jambi" some asshole security guy saw me coming along the walk way and lowered a shoulder and took a step out in front of me, causing me to throw my friend's beer all over myself.

FUCKING ASSHOLE!

*hilarious for anyone witnessing the event

From the beginning of "Stinkfist" the energy was overwhealming! I began to shake and dance uncontrollably! (thank you, aisle seat)

Glad this was, in kanaduh's words, "Possibly my favourite tool show yet, despite the same setlist", because i was there and it's the only show i'll be able to attend this year. (yeah, been readin' yer posts)

Everyone was spot on! The jams were awesome! Introductions, lights, visiuals, ad-libbing, all around production, with the exception of the guitar malfunction, was absolutely AMAZING!

One of my favorite concerts EVER and i've seen a lot of bands in a lot of places.

If anyone witnessed HALF of the show we got in Dallas, you've no reason to complain. (about the band, anyway. Nokia is another story)

Fantastic!

(I know the lyrics to rosetta stoned and tonight was immensely different. seemed made up, most of the time. the obvious parts were all there)

and i forgot to mention justin's GIGANTIC foam cowboy hat!

ver rhinestone cowboy! ;)

Last edited by CLaybobMastadon; 07-25-2009 at 10:26 PM..
Old 07-25-2009, 09:33 PM   #8
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.25.09 - Dallas, TX @ Nokia Theatre (Grand Prairie)

Maynard's police uniform was classic!

Huge thanks to the guys for making this a great show!

I had not seen Tool since Ozfest '98 with many many many other great bands of the time. This blows that away! I even had seats WAAAAAAAY up in section 402 h18 (the guy rockin the fuck ot with a j, not the asshole that almost got arrested) and it still sounded great. Couldn't have been a bad seat in the house except for maybe the pit. if you're down there that close, you're missing some AMAZING LIGHTS and stage projections. Absolutely mind blowing.

I knew the setlist going in and everything still seemed to be a surprise. Few songs were played in album format. Many variations but all excellent! When i saw them in '98, i really wanted to hear "Flood" and they didn't play it. tonight makes the 11 year wait all worth it.

*When I FINALLY made it into the venue (2 beers in hand) at the beginning of "Jambi" some asshole security guy saw me coming along the walk way and lowered a shoulder and took a step out in front of me, causing me to throw my friend's beer all over myself.

FUCKING ASSHOLE!

*hilarious for anyone witnessing the event

From the beginning of "Stinkfist" the energy was overwhealming! I began to shake and dance uncontrollably! (thank you, aisle seat)

Glad this was, in kanaduh's words, "Possibly my favourite tool show yet, despite the same setlist", because i was there and it's the only show i'll be able to attend this year. (yeah, been readin' yer posts)

Everyone was spot on! The jams were awesome! Introductions, lights, visiuals, ad-libbing, all around production, with the exception of the guitar malfunction, was absolutely AMAZING!

One of my favorite concerts EVER and i've seen a lot of bands in a lot of places.

If anyone witnessed HALF of the show we got in Dallas, you've no reason to complain. (about the band, anyway. Nokia is another story)

Fantastic!

(I know the lyrics to rosetta stoned and tonight was immensely different. seemed made up, most of the time. the obvious parts were all there)

and i forgot to mention justin's GIGANTIC foam cowboy hat!

ver rhinestone cowboy! ;)

Last edited by CLaybobMastadon; 07-25-2009 at 10:26 PM..
OFFLINE |