View Single Post
Jorram
09-06-2007, 10:17 AM

Contrary to the guys before me, I was pretty disappointed by the show and particularly by the fact that it was impossible to hear a SINGLE sound from Maynard's singing. I don't know if I went wrong by going up almost at the base of the scene or the acoustics just sucked a lot, but whatever the reason, the fact is that by not hearing Maynard you're missing at least 70% of the experience IMO.

Add to the fact the short setlist, the way too aggressive audience (as I think doesn't as much suit a Tool concert, of all) and the mild disappointment by Maynard's lack of interaction with the audience and pretty repetitive postures and dancing, and in the end you get quite a no-no for a first Tool show :/
Old 09-06-2007, 10:17 AM   #8
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/09/05 - Belgrade, Serbia - Pionir Hall

Contrary to the guys before me, I was pretty disappointed by the show and particularly by the fact that it was impossible to hear a SINGLE sound from Maynard's singing. I don't know if I went wrong by going up almost at the base of the scene or the acoustics just sucked a lot, but whatever the reason, the fact is that by not hearing Maynard you're missing at least 70% of the experience IMO.

Add to the fact the short setlist, the way too aggressive audience (as I think doesn't as much suit a Tool concert, of all) and the mild disappointment by Maynard's lack of interaction with the audience and pretty repetitive postures and dancing, and in the end you get quite a no-no for a first Tool show :/