View Single Post
dmccuiston's Avatar dmccuiston
06-08-2007, 04:58 PM

Third show last night - Richmond '02, MCI '06 priors. I have been trying all day to process what went down last night. I've had a bunch of people ask me how the show was and I feel I have no words to do it justice. I mean, I have used such adjectives as "mind-blowing", "unreal", "unfuckingbelievable", and "ridiculous" to name a few, but it all sounds like over-the-top-crazy-fan-hyperbole. The problem is that not only are these descriptions not hyperbole, but they don't even come close to describing last night's show. On that note, last night was neither a show nor a concert but an experience. How do you explain that to someone who was not there?

The Coliseum's shitty acoustics would absolutely ruin any other band, but the blitzkreiging mindfuck that Tool unleashed on us last night let all of that seem so miniscule. I cannot even express how down I am with the "jamming" Tool. Seriously, they guys have taken it to another level. The first time I heard Tool, I realized that the soundtrack to my mind that had been with me for so long finally had an artist. They proved it again last night.

Big, fat props to my hometown respecting the band and their talent. Someone earlier mentioned how the band put everything together in a very deliberate order to control the entire experience. You could not be more right. The progression of the show, the setlist and the energy clearly had a master plan. Really, really glad that Pushit was a part of that plan last night. All right, enough of my verbal fellatio. Just know that the best band on earth is hitting their stride and straight up fucking shit up.

As Maynard said, see you all again "real soon"
Old 06-08-2007, 04:58 PM   #26
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/07 - Richmond, VA - Richmond Coliseum

Third show last night - Richmond '02, MCI '06 priors. I have been trying all day to process what went down last night. I've had a bunch of people ask me how the show was and I feel I have no words to do it justice. I mean, I have used such adjectives as "mind-blowing", "unreal", "unfuckingbelievable", and "ridiculous" to name a few, but it all sounds like over-the-top-crazy-fan-hyperbole. The problem is that not only are these descriptions not hyperbole, but they don't even come close to describing last night's show. On that note, last night was neither a show nor a concert but an experience. How do you explain that to someone who was not there?

The Coliseum's shitty acoustics would absolutely ruin any other band, but the blitzkreiging mindfuck that Tool unleashed on us last night let all of that seem so miniscule. I cannot even express how down I am with the "jamming" Tool. Seriously, they guys have taken it to another level. The first time I heard Tool, I realized that the soundtrack to my mind that had been with me for so long finally had an artist. They proved it again last night.

Big, fat props to my hometown respecting the band and their talent. Someone earlier mentioned how the band put everything together in a very deliberate order to control the entire experience. You could not be more right. The progression of the show, the setlist and the energy clearly had a master plan. Really, really glad that Pushit was a part of that plan last night. All right, enough of my verbal fellatio. Just know that the best band on earth is hitting their stride and straight up fucking shit up.

As Maynard said, see you all again "real soon"