View Single Post
gongboy
06-08-2007, 11:10 AM

Richmond....what a nice suprise, 6 blocks away from my apartment last night. My ticket paid for itself as soon as someone in a car was driving around, and asked where I parked. I said "at home" with a nice ol' shit-eating grin. Everything after that was just a perk package, and a very good one at that.

I decided to go with well-placed upper deck seats four rows back. This meant that I had a comfy chair, and no tall people blocking the view. The pros (good view, overall experience, elbow room, comfort, no drunks requesting "Sober") definately outweighed the cons (muddy mix). I won't even comment on the quality of the show, other than it was brilliant. The fat cylindrical light beams from the lasers that were projected about ten feet away from the seat made me reconsider taking LSD for the show. I'm glad I didn't (haven't ever for a Tool show), since I was getting high just from the spectacle. Although hallucinogens are fun, I am under the impression that for Tool concerts, there's really no need to mess with any of them.

My favorite visual was definately the multi-colored laser mesh that happened during Vicarious (something to do with the blue, red, and green pixels on a TV screen?).

Sonically, the high point for me was Pushit, since it was flawless and delivered with adequate intensity, and it's one of my favorites. I would have loved to hear Flood, though!

Thanks Tool; and Richmond, for being on your best behaviour. Clearly it will pay off soon when we get another visit from the band. Good work, everyone!

All in all, this show was solid. I'm very glad to hear that the band had as much fun as we did last night. We should do that again sometime, alright?
Old 06-08-2007, 11:10 AM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/07 - Richmond, VA - Richmond Coliseum

Richmond....what a nice suprise, 6 blocks away from my apartment last night. My ticket paid for itself as soon as someone in a car was driving around, and asked where I parked. I said "at home" with a nice ol' shit-eating grin. Everything after that was just a perk package, and a very good one at that.

I decided to go with well-placed upper deck seats four rows back. This meant that I had a comfy chair, and no tall people blocking the view. The pros (good view, overall experience, elbow room, comfort, no drunks requesting "Sober") definately outweighed the cons (muddy mix). I won't even comment on the quality of the show, other than it was brilliant. The fat cylindrical light beams from the lasers that were projected about ten feet away from the seat made me reconsider taking LSD for the show. I'm glad I didn't (haven't ever for a Tool show), since I was getting high just from the spectacle. Although hallucinogens are fun, I am under the impression that for Tool concerts, there's really no need to mess with any of them.

My favorite visual was definately the multi-colored laser mesh that happened during Vicarious (something to do with the blue, red, and green pixels on a TV screen?).

Sonically, the high point for me was Pushit, since it was flawless and delivered with adequate intensity, and it's one of my favorites. I would have loved to hear Flood, though!

Thanks Tool; and Richmond, for being on your best behaviour. Clearly it will pay off soon when we get another visit from the band. Good work, everyone!

All in all, this show was solid. I'm very glad to hear that the band had as much fun as we did last night. We should do that again sometime, alright?
OFFLINE |