View Single Post
anfisechka's Avatar anfisechka
06-08-2007, 04:00 AM

Maynardisms:

At the beginning he said something like "We respect Virginia"... and something else, I think, but who knows. Towards the end, he said (paraphrasing) "It's difficult to play these songs. It requires a lot of coordination, concentration and energy. But so far you guys have given us the easiest time doing it". Not exact, but that's what I remember.

Over all, a great show. Much, much, much better than when I saw them on the 2006 pre-tour in Boston. They seemed pretty much spot on, and Maynard seemed to really be having a good time -- lots of great dancing (lol).

I was glad they played some oldies -- 46&2, Pushit, etc. etc. A lot of the people near me were rocking out (as I was). Sound was pretty decent, a little muddy, but what can you expect in an arena. I thought the vocals were mixed a little *too* low in Wings/10K Days, but I guess that's part of the ambience of the songs .... Lost Keys (which I actually like) was excruciatingly painful, though. Ouch.

The crowd had great energy. Pretty much everyone seemed respectful and into the music. The intermission "lighter" moment was really great. I think Justin (? couldn't really see properly) was holding up two lighters, that was kind of funny ...

Everyone seemed really impressed by the laser/light show. The fog machines created pretty realistic-looking clouds in the green laser beams. Was a cool effect, especially for 10KD.

Maybe I'll catch them in Peoria. We look forward to seeing you again, too...

Last edited by anfisechka; 06-08-2007 at 04:03 AM..
Old 06-08-2007, 04:00 AM   #8
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Re: 2007/06/07 - Richmond, VA - Richmond Coliseum

Maynardisms:

At the beginning he said something like "We respect Virginia"... and something else, I think, but who knows. Towards the end, he said (paraphrasing) "It's difficult to play these songs. It requires a lot of coordination, concentration and energy. But so far you guys have given us the easiest time doing it". Not exact, but that's what I remember.

Over all, a great show. Much, much, much better than when I saw them on the 2006 pre-tour in Boston. They seemed pretty much spot on, and Maynard seemed to really be having a good time -- lots of great dancing (lol).

I was glad they played some oldies -- 46&2, Pushit, etc. etc. A lot of the people near me were rocking out (as I was). Sound was pretty decent, a little muddy, but what can you expect in an arena. I thought the vocals were mixed a little *too* low in Wings/10K Days, but I guess that's part of the ambience of the songs .... Lost Keys (which I actually like) was excruciatingly painful, though. Ouch.

The crowd had great energy. Pretty much everyone seemed respectful and into the music. The intermission "lighter" moment was really great. I think Justin (? couldn't really see properly) was holding up two lighters, that was kind of funny ...

Everyone seemed really impressed by the laser/light show. The fog machines created pretty realistic-looking clouds in the green laser beams. Was a cool effect, especially for 10KD.

Maybe I'll catch them in Peoria. We look forward to seeing you again, too...

Last edited by anfisechka; 06-08-2007 at 04:03 AM..
OFFLINE |