View Single Post
swimminginmusic's Avatar swimminginmusic
03-05-2016, 12:32 PM

Hey Kanaduh-

So your story really hit me in the feels yesterday. I wound up calling my dad and telling him your story. It lead to a conversation about our relationship and how careless he seems to be and I finally was able to tell him about the resentment and anamocoties I have about his approach to parenthood. I don't know if it'll change anything, but after 30 years I finally told him how I feel- we'll see if he does anything with it or not.

It sounds like you and your pops were closer then me and mine, and I'm not trying to compare or draw parallels. Upon reflecting, I felt like I wouldn't have cared if I were in your shoes, like I would've rather been at a TOOL show anyway... And that hung on me so I had to do something about it. I really feel this will turn positive for me , though it's still a bit heavy and raw, but I wanted you to know you've had a positive affect on a strangers life- something a therapist has only tried to do.

Thanks, man. Keep your head up.
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
Old 03-05-2016, 12:32 PM   #4015
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool Discussion

Hey Kanaduh-

So your story really hit me in the feels yesterday. I wound up calling my dad and telling him your story. It lead to a conversation about our relationship and how careless he seems to be and I finally was able to tell him about the resentment and anamocoties I have about his approach to parenthood. I don't know if it'll change anything, but after 30 years I finally told him how I feel- we'll see if he does anything with it or not.

It sounds like you and your pops were closer then me and mine, and I'm not trying to compare or draw parallels. Upon reflecting, I felt like I wouldn't have cared if I were in your shoes, like I would've rather been at a TOOL show anyway... And that hung on me so I had to do something about it. I really feel this will turn positive for me , though it's still a bit heavy and raw, but I wanted you to know you've had a positive affect on a strangers life- something a therapist has only tried to do.

Thanks, man. Keep your head up.
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote