View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 10:15 PM   #15
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/30 - Washington D.C. - Verizon Arena

Just got back, and wow fucking amazing. The whole band seemed to have been in a very good mood and also seemed to be appreciative of the crowd. From the other reviews I've read there were some nasty crowds and the band didn't respond well, but this was just an overall great show for the fans and the band.

Highlights - Stinkfist was fuckin awesome at the beggining, I was towards the top and the lighting on the stage with those green squares was just amazing.

Wings for Marie/10,000 days was beautfiul, I was most excited for this one and it definitely delivered, and the lasers made it even more awesome, very well done and it sounded great.

Lateralus was probably my favorite song of the night, the energy at the point was topped out and once again, the lasers were just sick.

THE LIGHTERS! haha that was cool, I got a few pictures of that and that really was a great moment.

Jambi - the talk box solo wow, he was fuckin on point.

The animations for forty six and two were mind boggling, really makes ya open your eyes a little bit, the whole evolution scenes were inspiring.

And the closer, Aenema, could not have been better. Great song to close out with, a classic tool song that leaves you a reminder of who they are. ( on a side note, anyone else realize it started raining outside after the concert "CAUSE IM PRAYIN FOR RAIN" Coincidence? I think not. Haha j/k.)

However, I was wondering if anyone remembers all the comments Maynard had tonight? The opening one had something to do with George Bush, another one about "junior" and some other comments. If anyone heard well and could post what he said I would appreciate it.

Oh yea, and could anyone make out if they lasers were drawing any images or anything? I couldn't tell from where I was sitting, and they seemed to have gotten cut off from the things hanging from the ceiling.

Last edited by Elite; 09-30-2006 at 10:20 PM..
OFFLINE |