View Single Post
Xeph
05-02-2006, 01:05 AM

Anyone on here ever actually done a sizeable dose of Peyote? In an intense peyote trip, there are often "god" experiences where the user will talk to "God". That entity will give the user a conviction or comission, but the details are often vague.

"seems like he is saying that he had an extraordinary experience, and the one piece of evidence that would have (proven that it happened - or - was the most enlightening or transcendent) was lost from is memory. perhaps as a result of drugs?"

As much as I can't stand people who would love to think that there is nothing good that can come of drugs, I have to address you here.

This song is about having a deeply spiritual experience on some heavy psychedelic. He didn't forget about it "because he was on drugs". He was GIVEN the ability to tap into that frame of mind BECAUSE of the drugs, chief.
(this is not to say that it cannot be reached without drugs. But dropping acid or eating a handful of shrooms sure makes it fuckin easy)

And I am a junkie. Self-imposed methadone program. ;>
Old 05-02-2006, 01:05 AM   #25
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: A Quote From Maynard Which I Think Fits This Song...

Anyone on here ever actually done a sizeable dose of Peyote? In an intense peyote trip, there are often "god" experiences where the user will talk to "God". That entity will give the user a conviction or comission, but the details are often vague.

"seems like he is saying that he had an extraordinary experience, and the one piece of evidence that would have (proven that it happened - or - was the most enlightening or transcendent) was lost from is memory. perhaps as a result of drugs?"

As much as I can't stand people who would love to think that there is nothing good that can come of drugs, I have to address you here.

This song is about having a deeply spiritual experience on some heavy psychedelic. He didn't forget about it "because he was on drugs". He was GIVEN the ability to tap into that frame of mind BECAUSE of the drugs, chief.
(this is not to say that it cannot be reached without drugs. But dropping acid or eating a handful of shrooms sure makes it fuckin easy)

And I am a junkie. Self-imposed methadone program. ;>
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote