View Single Post
Absent Mind
04-29-2006, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhenry
i'm convinced that people cannot read around here. the sarcasm in RS is not that subtle. I mean "Don't know. Won't know. Don't know. Won't know. God damn! Shit the bed!" obviously reads "fuck off and stop bothering me your 'everything is a message of enlightment and spiritual revelation' crap! leave me the fuck alone!" No, people don't read that.

On that note, a friend of mine just heard the album for the first time, and she gave some insight as to what "shit the bed" might mean. It's typical for a victim of sexual abuse, like MJK, to lose control of their bowl and shit their bed. It's usually a result/sign of fear and rejection of the idea and thought of being invaded/intruded... it's almost a self-defense mechanism.
I have heard it used differently, as an exclamation. "Shit the bed!" same as "holy shit!" It's not nescisarily in the literal sense. Kind of like in Sober: "Jesus, won't you fucking whistle something but the past and done?" They aren't saying that Jesus is whistling. (I just had to explain this to somebody yesterday! haha)

If I thought I saw ET, I might say "Goddamn, Shit the bed!"
Old 04-29-2006, 02:34 PM   #20
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: A Quote From Maynard Which I Think Fits This Song...

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhenry
i'm convinced that people cannot read around here. the sarcasm in RS is not that subtle. I mean "Don't know. Won't know. Don't know. Won't know. God damn! Shit the bed!" obviously reads "fuck off and stop bothering me your 'everything is a message of enlightment and spiritual revelation' crap! leave me the fuck alone!" No, people don't read that.

On that note, a friend of mine just heard the album for the first time, and she gave some insight as to what "shit the bed" might mean. It's typical for a victim of sexual abuse, like MJK, to lose control of their bowl and shit their bed. It's usually a result/sign of fear and rejection of the idea and thought of being invaded/intruded... it's almost a self-defense mechanism.
I have heard it used differently, as an exclamation. "Shit the bed!" same as "holy shit!" It's not nescisarily in the literal sense. Kind of like in Sober: "Jesus, won't you fucking whistle something but the past and done?" They aren't saying that Jesus is whistling. (I just had to explain this to somebody yesterday! haha)

If I thought I saw ET, I might say "Goddamn, Shit the bed!"
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote