View Single Post
Contra3
04-27-2006, 05:46 PM

He tends to talk about an awareness of the metaphysical side of things, which is best summed up by the Bill Hicks quote, "all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we're all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively". In other words, everything is comprised of the same material - energy/light/matter, and so every person is inherently connected to each other and apart of the same "direction" exisitance is headed towards collectively. Drug experiences can inspire that type of awareness, and I think what Maynard is saying is that a person should be able to recreate that awareness sober... as well as even that high while sober, through meditation (or, meditation combined with drugs, even better!).

I really don't have a sense of any positive or negative perspective on drugs. I think I need more time to digest it. That and the songs with drug references seemed to be rather satirical in nature.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:46 PM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: A Quote From Maynard Which I Think Fits This Song...

He tends to talk about an awareness of the metaphysical side of things, which is best summed up by the Bill Hicks quote, "all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we're all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively". In other words, everything is comprised of the same material - energy/light/matter, and so every person is inherently connected to each other and apart of the same "direction" exisitance is headed towards collectively. Drug experiences can inspire that type of awareness, and I think what Maynard is saying is that a person should be able to recreate that awareness sober... as well as even that high while sober, through meditation (or, meditation combined with drugs, even better!).

I really don't have a sense of any positive or negative perspective on drugs. I think I need more time to digest it. That and the songs with drug references seemed to be rather satirical in nature.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote