View Single Post
Nonduality
04-27-2006, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xre
I'll see if I can find a minute to double check, sounds right to me, though. They go through a bunch of time sigs on this tune...

BTW - in most of the music I've seen written (ie, not tabs put together by netizens, but honest-to-God sheet music), stuff with this 8th note pulse is written in x/8, rather than combining two bars to x/4... just for whatever that's worth. It's obvious in the music when the pulse is in quarter notes, and if it is, it's written as x/4. In this case, it's not - but some folks might get lazy and write in x/4 cause it's easier for them - also, it can be easier to read, if you're switching back and forth between 4/4 and other meters....
Correct, and it should be written in x/8. For example, a 12/8 feel has a completely different feel than 6/4.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:51 PM   #12
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Drummers. Help?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xre
I'll see if I can find a minute to double check, sounds right to me, though. They go through a bunch of time sigs on this tune...

BTW - in most of the music I've seen written (ie, not tabs put together by netizens, but honest-to-God sheet music), stuff with this 8th note pulse is written in x/8, rather than combining two bars to x/4... just for whatever that's worth. It's obvious in the music when the pulse is in quarter notes, and if it is, it's written as x/4. In this case, it's not - but some folks might get lazy and write in x/4 cause it's easier for them - also, it can be easier to read, if you're switching back and forth between 4/4 and other meters....
Correct, and it should be written in x/8. For example, a 12/8 feel has a completely different feel than 6/4.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote