View Single Post
DTrain
04-27-2006, 01:33 PM

(Contest details below)

To me this song reads a little bit more like "Die Eier von Satan" than it does "Pushit"...

I think people forget that sometimes a band just likes to be over the top, and create somthing entertaining. That's how this song strikes me, personally anyway.

The drug-induced theories are the best for this song so far, it really just sounds like someone who is trying to come to grips with an experience that he doesn't really believe in himself.

I remember a story a relative of mine told me once, about how she was at a party, high on LSD, when she had a thought.

This thought was going to change the world! Oh my I have to write this down, this is amazing... life as we know it is going to end as a result of this thought I just had... if I could only find somthing to write it down on.

Great, I found somthing *writes thought on napkin*

Fast forward to next morning: She wakes up, goes about her morning, only to later find this napkin in her pocket. Excited at the prospect of changing the world, she quickly pulls out the napkin to read this deep, meaningful, life altering message:

"There is a funny smell in this room."

What's the moral of the story?

You have a trip, you think you've had an amazingly life altering, would-changing journey. When you re-cap the experinece the next day, you realize your brain has simply glorified the norm.

The Rosetta Stone was an important message, and the key to understanding hieroglyphics. Rosetta Stoned is a great pun to describe the kind of "Deep, meaningful" messages people have when they're stoned.

A story that fits the song:

Imagine this a little bit overweight guy, sitting at his guard post outside of area 51, watching the adventures of jackie chan on his little TV (life is boring as a guard), eating Krispy Kreams, doing a little LSD or DMT, (knowingly? unknowingly? Pressures from the workplace?), when all of a sudden a jeep drives out of the dark with its floodlights on, only to have someone in camo attempt to gain access to area 51 (authorized probably), and figure out that this guy isn't quite in his right mind (by bugged out eyes, a gaping jaw, and a stuttering voice).

He is then hauled into an interrogation room, tested for drugs, told he'll lose his job as a result -- news that would seem pretty life changing when you're high on LSD. Strapped down to a hopsital bed for detox, scared shitless (pun intended) by this experience, and not listening to what they're saying (penuts parents), or perhaps totally incapable of focusing on anything.

Finally, he is released into a public hospital (dropped off on the curb?) with A frustrated drug-laced brain aware of a situation that it knows it isn't able to deal with, wishing it had some way to recall what had just happened.

Finally coming down a bit, but still stoned, he attempts to tell the doctor what had just happened.

Any thoughts? I don't actually believe this is what MJK was thinking when he wrote the song -- but it was a fun excuse to write a story.

Contest:

I got an idea -- Come up with your own story!

Details:

Assuming that the song is simply a drug induced trip -- come up with a story of what every-day regular thing someone might be doing while stoned to produce a trip that fits the description given in Rosetta Stoned.

I will judge any post that goes up in this thread as a submission, and I will announce the winner in this thread and by a PM to that user.

The Prize:

If you use PayPal, I will reimburse you for your copy of 10,000 Days (up to $15.00 usd) -- must provide proof of purchase (scan a receipt or somthing). I would buy it for you and ship it, but I _KNOW_ you don't want to wait for that.

Judging:

Your submission will be judged based on:

30% - Entertainment value
50% - How well it ties into the song (can I picture this trip coming out of that situation)
20% - Originality and Creativity

Pass/Fail - Writing ability (I don't want to read a bunch of BS h4x0r speak, run-on-sentances, or posts that are 5,000 words -- all one paragraph.) This will be judged on a pass/fail criteria so I don't have to filter the BS.

Just so that you all know: I'm not affiliated with anyone other than my self -- this is a personal little contest run out of pure curiosity, and I hope the admins of this site don't mind me doing it! :)

Deadline for Submission:

Friday, May 5th.

Winner announced Sunday, May 7th.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:33 PM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
CONTEST/PRIZE :D Deep spiritual meaning... or some sh**

(Contest details below)

To me this song reads a little bit more like "Die Eier von Satan" than it does "Pushit"...

I think people forget that sometimes a band just likes to be over the top, and create somthing entertaining. That's how this song strikes me, personally anyway.

The drug-induced theories are the best for this song so far, it really just sounds like someone who is trying to come to grips with an experience that he doesn't really believe in himself.

I remember a story a relative of mine told me once, about how she was at a party, high on LSD, when she had a thought.

This thought was going to change the world! Oh my I have to write this down, this is amazing... life as we know it is going to end as a result of this thought I just had... if I could only find somthing to write it down on.

Great, I found somthing *writes thought on napkin*

Fast forward to next morning: She wakes up, goes about her morning, only to later find this napkin in her pocket. Excited at the prospect of changing the world, she quickly pulls out the napkin to read this deep, meaningful, life altering message:

"There is a funny smell in this room."

What's the moral of the story?

You have a trip, you think you've had an amazingly life altering, would-changing journey. When you re-cap the experinece the next day, you realize your brain has simply glorified the norm.

The Rosetta Stone was an important message, and the key to understanding hieroglyphics. Rosetta Stoned is a great pun to describe the kind of "Deep, meaningful" messages people have when they're stoned.

A story that fits the song:

Imagine this a little bit overweight guy, sitting at his guard post outside of area 51, watching the adventures of jackie chan on his little TV (life is boring as a guard), eating Krispy Kreams, doing a little LSD or DMT, (knowingly? unknowingly? Pressures from the workplace?), when all of a sudden a jeep drives out of the dark with its floodlights on, only to have someone in camo attempt to gain access to area 51 (authorized probably), and figure out that this guy isn't quite in his right mind (by bugged out eyes, a gaping jaw, and a stuttering voice).

He is then hauled into an interrogation room, tested for drugs, told he'll lose his job as a result -- news that would seem pretty life changing when you're high on LSD. Strapped down to a hopsital bed for detox, scared shitless (pun intended) by this experience, and not listening to what they're saying (penuts parents), or perhaps totally incapable of focusing on anything.

Finally, he is released into a public hospital (dropped off on the curb?) with A frustrated drug-laced brain aware of a situation that it knows it isn't able to deal with, wishing it had some way to recall what had just happened.

Finally coming down a bit, but still stoned, he attempts to tell the doctor what had just happened.

Any thoughts? I don't actually believe this is what MJK was thinking when he wrote the song -- but it was a fun excuse to write a story.

Contest:

I got an idea -- Come up with your own story!

Details:

Assuming that the song is simply a drug induced trip -- come up with a story of what every-day regular thing someone might be doing while stoned to produce a trip that fits the description given in Rosetta Stoned.

I will judge any post that goes up in this thread as a submission, and I will announce the winner in this thread and by a PM to that user.

The Prize:

If you use PayPal, I will reimburse you for your copy of 10,000 Days (up to $15.00 usd) -- must provide proof of purchase (scan a receipt or somthing). I would buy it for you and ship it, but I _KNOW_ you don't want to wait for that.

Judging:

Your submission will be judged based on:

30% - Entertainment value
50% - How well it ties into the song (can I picture this trip coming out of that situation)
20% - Originality and Creativity

Pass/Fail - Writing ability (I don't want to read a bunch of BS h4x0r speak, run-on-sentances, or posts that are 5,000 words -- all one paragraph.) This will be judged on a pass/fail criteria so I don't have to filter the BS.

Just so that you all know: I'm not affiliated with anyone other than my self -- this is a personal little contest run out of pure curiosity, and I hope the admins of this site don't mind me doing it! :)

Deadline for Submission:

Friday, May 5th.

Winner announced Sunday, May 7th.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote