View Single Post
Deviouz
04-23-2006, 05:38 PM

^ yeah, no shit.

It's hard to say, but I think with 'somniferous almond eyes' that Tool is referring to the beings we've all seen before on TV, the 'Greys'.

Encountered them a few times myself when I was young... I used to have dreams, dreams that felt faaar too real, I would be at my house outside, and then everything would start glowing, they landed in their ship, came out, paralysed me, I couldn't move or say a word, even to scream which is what I most wanted to do... then everything would go black for a couple of hours... and I'd wake up, paralysed... wasn't very pleasant stuff to go through when you're six :)

Also saw what appeared to be one when I used to do trance travelling... but I just ran the fuck away and beat myself out of the trance. So yeah, basically I would say the song is about humanity trying to come to terms with and explore their Divine nature, the 'one' as opposed to the 'two'... seeking to explore the higher planes where higher thoughtforms and the like reside... but most often we end up unable to cope with the experience.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:38 PM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: Astral Projections

^ yeah, no shit.

It's hard to say, but I think with 'somniferous almond eyes' that Tool is referring to the beings we've all seen before on TV, the 'Greys'.

Encountered them a few times myself when I was young... I used to have dreams, dreams that felt faaar too real, I would be at my house outside, and then everything would start glowing, they landed in their ship, came out, paralysed me, I couldn't move or say a word, even to scream which is what I most wanted to do... then everything would go black for a couple of hours... and I'd wake up, paralysed... wasn't very pleasant stuff to go through when you're six :)

Also saw what appeared to be one when I used to do trance travelling... but I just ran the fuck away and beat myself out of the trance. So yeah, basically I would say the song is about humanity trying to come to terms with and explore their Divine nature, the 'one' as opposed to the 'two'... seeking to explore the higher planes where higher thoughtforms and the like reside... but most often we end up unable to cope with the experience.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote