View Single Post
bodies
04-21-2006, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by praefector
the message is buried in the style...the frantic cadence and sudden screaming all suggest overwhelming drug effects

and everything theyve done is for a reason...if a riff sounds familiar, its supposed to sound familiar...

think of rosetta stoned as a wierd acid flashback of all previous tool albums...especially aenima

interesting idea, but still my point is kind of true

if the song is just an acid flash back, thats not much of a message, more just a description / illustration of events

where as every track its 'flashbacking' to on aenima / lateralus has a theme and or message

again, maybe I just don't get it though, reading some official lyrics would help a lot.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:04 AM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: My feelings on this song

Quote:
Originally Posted by praefector
the message is buried in the style...the frantic cadence and sudden screaming all suggest overwhelming drug effects

and everything theyve done is for a reason...if a riff sounds familiar, its supposed to sound familiar...

think of rosetta stoned as a wierd acid flashback of all previous tool albums...especially aenima

interesting idea, but still my point is kind of true

if the song is just an acid flash back, thats not much of a message, more just a description / illustration of events

where as every track its 'flashbacking' to on aenima / lateralus has a theme and or message

again, maybe I just don't get it though, reading some official lyrics would help a lot.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote