View Single Post
Old 12-16-2002, 09:25 AM   #7
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
Re: Re:

Quote:
Originally posted by ThreeDeviations
Ego?
This song is the epitome of putting aside (crucifying) your ego.... not vice versa.

Also, it's not a message from self to self...

It's a message from God to Maynard.

So not self to self... or human to human, which I already stated...

Also, I did NOT assume it's necessarily a "traditional God," either.

However, I AM talking about whatever God means... in his own mind, body and soul.

That "light" to which you refer, is this song manifested on paper.. then through music.. I certainly don't think that's selfish.

As I said, there have to be some assumptions made.... Just like how you assumed he doesn't believe in a traditional God.

xo
easy, I wasnt saying anyone is wrong. You say its a message from God to Maynard, I say it's a message from intuition to ego. Same thing, different scale.

How many times has the Christian version of God smitten those who went against his will? It will show that although we have free will to accept Him or reject Him, he still has a plan and that plan includes rolling over anyone who gets in the way. Therefore, I don't see it as a God who rapes, or anything that rapes. the speaker in the song is discussing treasure. What appear to be orders are instructions. If you want to get the treasure, here is what you need to do. If you don't, then fuck it. Ignore it. But you will probably be sorry later.

Last edited by paraflux; 12-16-2002 at 09:31 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote