View Single Post
Aenima7988's Avatar Aenima7988
10-10-2007, 05:41 PM

So i'm sure I'm the 10,000th person to mention this, but if Rosetta Stone has two (and a half?) languages on it, greek and heiroglyphics- some know the one language, and can use their understanding to interpret the other- maybe that's the format of this song. I mean think about it, he rambles through a megaphone for half the song, and sings through a mic through the other half. Is it an intential metaphor? If so, which half of the song are we, or some of us, supposed to already understand, and how can we use that understanding to interpret the other half?

And is the origin of the rosetta stone a mystery? I'm not too good at history, were ancient egyptians around at the same time as ancient greece? they spoke to eachother???

Last edited by Aenima7988; 10-10-2007 at 05:43 PM..
Old 10-10-2007, 05:41 PM   #13
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 15
Re: The Rosetta Stone

So i'm sure I'm the 10,000th person to mention this, but if Rosetta Stone has two (and a half?) languages on it, greek and heiroglyphics- some know the one language, and can use their understanding to interpret the other- maybe that's the format of this song. I mean think about it, he rambles through a megaphone for half the song, and sings through a mic through the other half. Is it an intential metaphor? If so, which half of the song are we, or some of us, supposed to already understand, and how can we use that understanding to interpret the other half?

And is the origin of the rosetta stone a mystery? I'm not too good at history, were ancient egyptians around at the same time as ancient greece? they spoke to eachother???

Last edited by Aenima7988; 10-10-2007 at 05:43 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote