Thread: Doctor = alien?
View Single Post
Luosdasa's Avatar Luosdasa
05-08-2006, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPOGOx
But you said you're taking the song at face value.

By ASSUMING that Tool wouldn't write a song about aliens, you're no longer taking the song at face value.

Ok, so you're definition of taking something at face value is taking every single word literally is it? lol. Well fair enough i spose... My definition would take it as what it would most obviously apear to mean.

Faaip de Oied makes me think that it's entirely possible that this song is what it is, a guy who had a close encounter with other-worldly entities, even if Tool meant it sarcastically.
Ah, well here's where we differ, you say speak of what it means to you even if it doesnt match with the bands intended meaning, which is what i speak of.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:56 PM   #21
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104
Re: Doctor = alien?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPOGOx
But you said you're taking the song at face value.

By ASSUMING that Tool wouldn't write a song about aliens, you're no longer taking the song at face value.

Ok, so you're definition of taking something at face value is taking every single word literally is it? lol. Well fair enough i spose... My definition would take it as what it would most obviously apear to mean.

Faaip de Oied makes me think that it's entirely possible that this song is what it is, a guy who had a close encounter with other-worldly entities, even if Tool meant it sarcastically.
Ah, well here's where we differ, you say speak of what it means to you even if it doesnt match with the bands intended meaning, which is what i speak of.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote