Thread: Doctor = alien?
View Single Post
xPOGOx's Avatar xPOGOx
05-08-2006, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luosdasa
I mean, i can't see tool singing about little green men flying in some blue/green jet ship. Singing about some guy who's totally gone to bits and thinks he's seeing E.T. though, that seems far more likely to me. The stuff about the X-files are just things this guy has pulled in to his delusion.
But you said you're taking the song at face value.

By ASSUMING that Tool wouldn't write a song about aliens, you're no longer taking the song at face value.

Faaip de Oied makes me think that it's entirely possible that this song is what it is, a guy who had a close encounter with other-worldly entities, even if Tool meant it sarcastically.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:51 PM   #18
I'd rather listen to Hanson.

Bincount™: 4
Re: Doctor = alien?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luosdasa
I mean, i can't see tool singing about little green men flying in some blue/green jet ship. Singing about some guy who's totally gone to bits and thinks he's seeing E.T. though, that seems far more likely to me. The stuff about the X-files are just things this guy has pulled in to his delusion.
But you said you're taking the song at face value.

By ASSUMING that Tool wouldn't write a song about aliens, you're no longer taking the song at face value.

Faaip de Oied makes me think that it's entirely possible that this song is what it is, a guy who had a close encounter with other-worldly entities, even if Tool meant it sarcastically.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote