Thread: I forgot my pen
View Single Post
MyShadow23
05-08-2006, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmorteferoz
Could be, but I doubt it.. Considering the context of the "to write it down for all the world to see" line.
I like where you guys were going with this one. To me though, to take what i consider the Tool theme "Think for your self", a little further...this could actually be another anti-drug song. Is that possible? Seems like a lot of people in other threads here thought it was a great song to get high to.

"F*ck all you junkies, and F*ck your short memories" comes to mind. Seems to m that these people are missing the point, kind of like Stinkfist and now Vicarious in that regard. Songs about being desensitised to everything etc.

Is it coincidence that this excerpt at 8:38 is the rare moment of clarity in the song? Like the person in the song is realising how stupid they indeed are "I forgot my pen, Sh@t the bed again (typical)".

I recall earlier lyrics about consequences determining your course of action, then certainly this course of action (illicit drug use) would be considered a poor one, and one that doesn't really promote thinking for your self.

Whatever.

Definitely an intriguing song though. Interesting that the riff from Third Eye is there and links to the young men on acid realise...here's Tom with the weather etc.

Somehow not sure if mjk is referring to himself in this song (i doubt it), but the multiple interpretations is probably what he was after, and probably what makes a lot of these songs as interesting as they are.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:57 PM   #28
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: I forgot my pen

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmorteferoz
Could be, but I doubt it.. Considering the context of the "to write it down for all the world to see" line.
I like where you guys were going with this one. To me though, to take what i consider the Tool theme "Think for your self", a little further...this could actually be another anti-drug song. Is that possible? Seems like a lot of people in other threads here thought it was a great song to get high to.

"F*ck all you junkies, and F*ck your short memories" comes to mind. Seems to m that these people are missing the point, kind of like Stinkfist and now Vicarious in that regard. Songs about being desensitised to everything etc.

Is it coincidence that this excerpt at 8:38 is the rare moment of clarity in the song? Like the person in the song is realising how stupid they indeed are "I forgot my pen, Sh@t the bed again (typical)".

I recall earlier lyrics about consequences determining your course of action, then certainly this course of action (illicit drug use) would be considered a poor one, and one that doesn't really promote thinking for your self.

Whatever.

Definitely an intriguing song though. Interesting that the riff from Third Eye is there and links to the young men on acid realise...here's Tom with the weather etc.

Somehow not sure if mjk is referring to himself in this song (i doubt it), but the multiple interpretations is probably what he was after, and probably what makes a lot of these songs as interesting as they are.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote