05-07-2006, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat404
"overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position
such a heavy burden now to be the one
born to bear and read to all the details of our ending
to write it down for all the world to see
but i forgot my pen"

On a side note, this is poetry at its best IMHO-- such irony in it, and very funny, I chuckle like a little girl everytime I sing it to myself.

point of this post:

I think this song is aimed, or at least written about, all the Tool fans that think Maynard is some kind of Messiah, and the general message is "Use your head, if I had a message about humanities ending, I'd do more than make a petty song about it", only in a very sarcastic way, such as "I was chosen to be the the one to write down the details of our ending for the world to see...but I forgot my pen."
Great post. I agree with it completely. I think that brings up another funny thought on how people are waiting for one person to tell them how the world is going to end. Like its going to even matter. All we know is that it WILL happen, so just get over it. Hahaha, messiah.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:27 PM   #20
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: I forgot my pen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat404
"overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position
such a heavy burden now to be the one
born to bear and read to all the details of our ending
to write it down for all the world to see
but i forgot my pen"

On a side note, this is poetry at its best IMHO-- such irony in it, and very funny, I chuckle like a little girl everytime I sing it to myself.

point of this post:

I think this song is aimed, or at least written about, all the Tool fans that think Maynard is some kind of Messiah, and the general message is "Use your head, if I had a message about humanities ending, I'd do more than make a petty song about it", only in a very sarcastic way, such as "I was chosen to be the the one to write down the details of our ending for the world to see...but I forgot my pen."
Great post. I agree with it completely. I think that brings up another funny thought on how people are waiting for one person to tell them how the world is going to end. Like its going to even matter. All we know is that it WILL happen, so just get over it. Hahaha, messiah.