View Single Post
Lucien2020
01-30-2012, 07:06 AM

This was my 20th Tool show, I went to see Hooker and Ticks and I was happy to see them. Especially Ticks, I really didn't think I would ever hear that song live. Yes the show could have been longer but that is the modern era Tool folks. They are overpriced, short shows, same songs and still fucking brilliant. I stopped buying the overpriced tickets years ago. I got a seat for $40 outside the show from a fan and sat about 30 feet on the side of the stage. People complain about not being able to see Maynard, sort of ironically, he kept getting in my way when I was trying to watch Danny. Watching Danny is worht the price of admission. I had some low expectations because of some of the posts on this board about sound and what not, but I was pleased with the show overall. Not the best I've seen but Ticks was worth it.

And yes in Lowell they opened with Cold & Ugly and I freaked. They did play 3rd Eye that night and they hadn't been playing that on that tour.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:06 AM   #50
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.28.2012 - Boston, MA @ TD Garden

This was my 20th Tool show, I went to see Hooker and Ticks and I was happy to see them. Especially Ticks, I really didn't think I would ever hear that song live. Yes the show could have been longer but that is the modern era Tool folks. They are overpriced, short shows, same songs and still fucking brilliant. I stopped buying the overpriced tickets years ago. I got a seat for $40 outside the show from a fan and sat about 30 feet on the side of the stage. People complain about not being able to see Maynard, sort of ironically, he kept getting in my way when I was trying to watch Danny. Watching Danny is worht the price of admission. I had some low expectations because of some of the posts on this board about sound and what not, but I was pleased with the show overall. Not the best I've seen but Ticks was worth it.

And yes in Lowell they opened with Cold & Ugly and I freaked. They did play 3rd Eye that night and they hadn't been playing that on that tour.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote