View Single Post
trebor777
06-27-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomstinkfist View Post
I'm not too sure you quite understand the ways & customs of the Recording Industry... but by making an entire NEW album to sell to the masses the business dictates that it has to be done in a way to ensure the largest amount of sales will be profited by the new "Product". therefore the reality that most bands/groups or recording artists and such for that matter in fact actually make their largest gross in over-all sales/profits ALWAYS from ticket sales from tours, merchandising & so forth. so really they're making the BEST possible business decision by milking the 'tours' as much as they can, not only that but T00L is the kind of Band that can just do that for "no reason".
so long as they change up the set-lists every now & then, lol!

that's my two on that!

=)
I think you misunderstood my last couple of sentences:

"Business wise it makes sense. They line their pockets touring, not so much releasing an album"

Anyhow, my point is, I'd like to get a new album rather then another tour - and I think most Tool fans are with me.

But I'm happy they're at least touring. Something is better then nothing.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #42
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.23.2010 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Ford Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomstinkfist View Post
I'm not too sure you quite understand the ways & customs of the Recording Industry... but by making an entire NEW album to sell to the masses the business dictates that it has to be done in a way to ensure the largest amount of sales will be profited by the new "Product". therefore the reality that most bands/groups or recording artists and such for that matter in fact actually make their largest gross in over-all sales/profits ALWAYS from ticket sales from tours, merchandising & so forth. so really they're making the BEST possible business decision by milking the 'tours' as much as they can, not only that but T00L is the kind of Band that can just do that for "no reason".
so long as they change up the set-lists every now & then, lol!

that's my two on that!

=)
I think you misunderstood my last couple of sentences:

"Business wise it makes sense. They line their pockets touring, not so much releasing an album"

Anyhow, my point is, I'd like to get a new album rather then another tour - and I think most Tool fans are with me.

But I'm happy they're at least touring. Something is better then nothing.
OFFLINE |