View Single Post
PsychadelicExperience
06-27-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishsmuggler View Post
Sloppy... good, but sloppy.

The connection to this show was weak. I don't believe in "one upping yourself," but it seemed like this was a chance for everyone to get to know each other in a live setting rather than a connecting with the music.

Same set from previous tour, same setlist (w/ Intolerance being the exception), 90% same visuals, and drowning weak vocals.
Obviously this guy wasn't there...The visuals on third eye were sick. My third eye was definitely opened for this show. The sound quality was so much better compared to Cedar Park. This is my 3rd Tool show and i was completely blown away, even after seeing the Cedar Park show the night before. I had seats in section 120 and the energy with the people around me there was unbelieveable. (Besides the two girls that were rubbing all over themselves in a corner because they were rolling so hard loll) I love that Danny Carey rocked a fucking Kevin Durant OKC jersey.

I believe Maynards vocals and energy on Intolerance was amazing. I love when he hit the "I am not innocent, You are not innocent, No one is innocent!! Still gives me chills when i think about that certain part. Danny Carey's godly drum talents went off as usual. i thought the visuals and lasers on Vicarious were sick. Adam and Justin definitely did their thing as usual. I would have to rate this as the best Tool show i have seen, Solely based on the fact of how much energy i felt in the Ford Center. I remember running into my buddy after the show outside the Ford Center, (Who saw them in NO, Austin, and OKC) And still had that look of astonishment on his face as i did too, and as we were walking he commented that the way we both looked is exactly how you should leave a tool show....leave in Astonishment for what you have just seen. All in all the show went off in my opinion, it was a privilege to be able to hear Intolerance, EonBlue into the Patient, and Thirdd eye. Great shittt
Old 06-27-2010, 11:19 AM   #41
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.23.2010 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Ford Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishsmuggler View Post
Sloppy... good, but sloppy.

The connection to this show was weak. I don't believe in "one upping yourself," but it seemed like this was a chance for everyone to get to know each other in a live setting rather than a connecting with the music.

Same set from previous tour, same setlist (w/ Intolerance being the exception), 90% same visuals, and drowning weak vocals.
Obviously this guy wasn't there...The visuals on third eye were sick. My third eye was definitely opened for this show. The sound quality was so much better compared to Cedar Park. This is my 3rd Tool show and i was completely blown away, even after seeing the Cedar Park show the night before. I had seats in section 120 and the energy with the people around me there was unbelieveable. (Besides the two girls that were rubbing all over themselves in a corner because they were rolling so hard loll) I love that Danny Carey rocked a fucking Kevin Durant OKC jersey.

I believe Maynards vocals and energy on Intolerance was amazing. I love when he hit the "I am not innocent, You are not innocent, No one is innocent!! Still gives me chills when i think about that certain part. Danny Carey's godly drum talents went off as usual. i thought the visuals and lasers on Vicarious were sick. Adam and Justin definitely did their thing as usual. I would have to rate this as the best Tool show i have seen, Solely based on the fact of how much energy i felt in the Ford Center. I remember running into my buddy after the show outside the Ford Center, (Who saw them in NO, Austin, and OKC) And still had that look of astonishment on his face as i did too, and as we were walking he commented that the way we both looked is exactly how you should leave a tool show....leave in Astonishment for what you have just seen. All in all the show went off in my opinion, it was a privilege to be able to hear Intolerance, EonBlue into the Patient, and Thirdd eye. Great shittt
OFFLINE |