View Single Post
Godin
08-16-2006, 07:21 PM

Well, that's an insightful post. The song itself doesn't substantiate much of the insight that you've elaborated upon (in the above message), but I don't think that's really a big problem. What you've described as the continually receading boundary of media descency is certainly a reality, so very possibly this is something like what MJK is referring to. As far as I'm concerned, if the song truly can make sense when standing alone then there is no reason to assume it is necessarily linked to any other song on the album. I now can listen to "Vicarious" and believe it is self-contained in overall sentiment, if you know what I mean.

-Godin

Do we move only 'cause we need to move, and hense should state all the rest -the justifications- as mere pretense?
Old 08-16-2006, 07:21 PM   #38
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: Neither the brave nor bold...

Well, that's an insightful post. The song itself doesn't substantiate much of the insight that you've elaborated upon (in the above message), but I don't think that's really a big problem. What you've described as the continually receading boundary of media descency is certainly a reality, so very possibly this is something like what MJK is referring to. As far as I'm concerned, if the song truly can make sense when standing alone then there is no reason to assume it is necessarily linked to any other song on the album. I now can listen to "Vicarious" and believe it is self-contained in overall sentiment, if you know what I mean.

-Godin

Do we move only 'cause we need to move, and hense should state all the rest -the justifications- as mere pretense?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote