View Single Post
Caduceus11's Avatar Caduceus11
08-10-2006, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godin
Until I hear a likely explanation for the "neither the brave nor bold line", the possibility that "Vicarious" is straightfoward is excluded.

I wouldn't attempt to weigh the songs according to "straightforwardness"... They're all straightfoward from someone's point of view.

-Godin

I'm all for your practice of thinking for yourself....congratulations to you.
However, you may want to consider that terms like "straightforward" are RELATIVE terms; meaning when juxtapostioned for comparison....
However, I think one should be cautious when using words like "all" I don't think you can use the word ALL for anything about this music save that its ALL TOOL's music...that''s it.

And just exactly how would one consider songs like Lipan, (-)Ions, or Viginti Tres as straightforward>? If you heard these and instantly understood the point of it all, then you are a king among men. I salute your greatness and you should be saluted or bowed to...maybe even worshipped......
Old 08-10-2006, 04:45 PM   #23
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8
Re: Neither the brave nor bold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godin
Until I hear a likely explanation for the "neither the brave nor bold line", the possibility that "Vicarious" is straightfoward is excluded.

I wouldn't attempt to weigh the songs according to "straightforwardness"... They're all straightfoward from someone's point of view.

-Godin

I'm all for your practice of thinking for yourself....congratulations to you.
However, you may want to consider that terms like "straightforward" are RELATIVE terms; meaning when juxtapostioned for comparison....
However, I think one should be cautious when using words like "all" I don't think you can use the word ALL for anything about this music save that its ALL TOOL's music...that''s it.

And just exactly how would one consider songs like Lipan, (-)Ions, or Viginti Tres as straightforward>? If you heard these and instantly understood the point of it all, then you are a king among men. I salute your greatness and you should be saluted or bowed to...maybe even worshipped......