View Single Post
Sasha's Avatar Sasha
08-07-2006, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus11
The quote from Vicarious ("IMO") means that while there are many of us who have come to many real and valid ideas and opinions, (in RStoned case, while in an altered state of mind) we do nothing but forget them.
This I think relates to something Maynard said a while ago...

I think psychedelics play a major part in what we do, but having said that, I feel that if somebody's going to experiment with those things they really need to educate themselves about them. People just taking the chemicals and diving in without having any kind of preparation about what they're about to experience tend to have no frame of reference, so they're missing everything flying by and all these new perspectives. It's just a waste. They reach a little bit of spiritual enlightenment, but they end up going, 'Well, now I need that drug to get back there again.' The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug.

I think it plays a huge part on how passive we are as a people. We want this information, and we reach it and we somewhat understand it but then we never go back to it because of our pure laziness to put in the effort and go and grasp some greater understanding. Lateralus was in essence our "holy gift" and 10,000 Days is our way of going on about. We like it, we appreciate it somehow, but we are just fucking scum as a people that won't rise up and accept it and make it part of our daily lives and reach that higher ground.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:39 PM   #10
The most Bosnianest of us all

Bincount™: 4279
Re: Neither the brave nor bold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus11
The quote from Vicarious ("IMO") means that while there are many of us who have come to many real and valid ideas and opinions, (in RStoned case, while in an altered state of mind) we do nothing but forget them.
This I think relates to something Maynard said a while ago...

I think psychedelics play a major part in what we do, but having said that, I feel that if somebody's going to experiment with those things they really need to educate themselves about them. People just taking the chemicals and diving in without having any kind of preparation about what they're about to experience tend to have no frame of reference, so they're missing everything flying by and all these new perspectives. It's just a waste. They reach a little bit of spiritual enlightenment, but they end up going, 'Well, now I need that drug to get back there again.' The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug.

I think it plays a huge part on how passive we are as a people. We want this information, and we reach it and we somewhat understand it but then we never go back to it because of our pure laziness to put in the effort and go and grasp some greater understanding. Lateralus was in essence our "holy gift" and 10,000 Days is our way of going on about. We like it, we appreciate it somehow, but we are just fucking scum as a people that won't rise up and accept it and make it part of our daily lives and reach that higher ground.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote