View Single Post
Question
08-07-2006, 06:47 PM

I very muchy agry with your idea of the album being a unified piece of work. I have also noticed some lyrical simmilarities. I simply shrugged them off, however, not thinking much of them. These include lines
"But pull your head on out, your head please and give a listen"
-Vicarious
and
"Difficult to dance 'round this one 'til you pull it out, boy"
-The Pot
At first i thought the line from the pot related only to pulling the foot from the mouth and the head from the asshole. But now i believe it is also connected to the line from vicarious.

Another set is "Shine down upon the broken Shine on 'til the two become one"
-Jambi
and
"Silly monkeys give them thumbs they forge a blade and where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two"
-Right in two

I have not put any thought into the significance of the lyrics, but at least siome of the similar ones are identified so we can begin thinking of how this album truely relates as a unified piece of art.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:47 PM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: Neither the brave nor bold...

I very muchy agry with your idea of the album being a unified piece of work. I have also noticed some lyrical simmilarities. I simply shrugged them off, however, not thinking much of them. These include lines
"But pull your head on out, your head please and give a listen"
-Vicarious
and
"Difficult to dance 'round this one 'til you pull it out, boy"
-The Pot
At first i thought the line from the pot related only to pulling the foot from the mouth and the head from the asshole. But now i believe it is also connected to the line from vicarious.

Another set is "Shine down upon the broken Shine on 'til the two become one"
-Jambi
and
"Silly monkeys give them thumbs they forge a blade and where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two"
-Right in two

I have not put any thought into the significance of the lyrics, but at least siome of the similar ones are identified so we can begin thinking of how this album truely relates as a unified piece of art.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote