View Single Post
Caduceus11's Avatar Caduceus11
08-07-2006, 04:00 PM

From the research I've done on things Maynard has actually said in interviews and commentary, he has a problem with many of our "written" texts for spirituality. I think the correlation you've made here (Godin) between Rosetta Stoned and Vicarious, is a valid relation. The quote from Vicarious ("IMO") means that while there are many of us who have come to many real and valid ideas and opinions, (in RStoned case, while in an altered state of mind) we do nothing but forget them. Maynard has said many times that one of the things that bothers him most is our apathetic lifestyles. While we may not seem apathetic, and have 'alot to say' we DO nothing. So whether you are the brave, or the bold, you still have done nothing but WATCH.
...and that's something most of us here on TOOLnavy, should kind of get together on and actually FORM a TOOLnavy that DOES something other than TYPE.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:00 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8
Re: Neither the brave nor bold...

From the research I've done on things Maynard has actually said in interviews and commentary, he has a problem with many of our "written" texts for spirituality. I think the correlation you've made here (Godin) between Rosetta Stoned and Vicarious, is a valid relation. The quote from Vicarious ("IMO") means that while there are many of us who have come to many real and valid ideas and opinions, (in RStoned case, while in an altered state of mind) we do nothing but forget them. Maynard has said many times that one of the things that bothers him most is our apathetic lifestyles. While we may not seem apathetic, and have 'alot to say' we DO nothing. So whether you are the brave, or the bold, you still have done nothing but WATCH.
...and that's something most of us here on TOOLnavy, should kind of get together on and actually FORM a TOOLnavy that DOES something other than TYPE.