View Single Post
walkerw8
08-07-2006, 01:30 PM

Quote:
more profound message that accuses some mysterious person of being responsible for the continuance of our imperfect human nature.
Quote:
"Neither the brave nor bold will write us the story, so we won't give pause until the blood is flowing."
-Vicarious
Personally, I've taken this line not to be about one person specifically but the news media in general. That is to say there is a general trend for substance being substituted for by sensationalism. The media in this case would not be living up to their end of the bargain.

So much of what I see on the news (or read in the news) these days is not even news and should not even be news. It's just garbage that happens to get good ratings.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:30 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Neither the brave nor bold...

Quote:
more profound message that accuses some mysterious person of being responsible for the continuance of our imperfect human nature.
Quote:
"Neither the brave nor bold will write us the story, so we won't give pause until the blood is flowing."
-Vicarious
Personally, I've taken this line not to be about one person specifically but the news media in general. That is to say there is a general trend for substance being substituted for by sensationalism. The media in this case would not be living up to their end of the bargain.

So much of what I see on the news (or read in the news) these days is not even news and should not even be news. It's just garbage that happens to get good ratings.