View Single Post
Telos_Infinity
07-25-2009, 11:51 AM

Renegrenade played the proper devil's advocate. It is quite clear that Maynard has checked out. I seriously understand that people go through transitions in their lives and that fire can die out from within. Although I personally think it's his vocal ability that has forced that transition. The band has been around for almost two decades and the natural toll of age plays a big part. It's still so amazing to see Danny still go at it. He is still the backbone of the band.

As far as audio goes the AT&T center sucks. I didn't understand a single word Maynard was saying. Of course Rosetta Stoned just sounded like a monkey in a blender. The clearest moment I had was when I went to take a leak during Flood. I swear it sounded so clear in the restroom compared to the inside. I did enjoy the slight visuals change up. We had a laser point directly on us at some points.

All in all I can't and won't get angry. We all had the choice to buy the tickets and realizing that from the start of this mini-tour it was quite clear that nothing new was in store for us. As for people complaining about fans that just goes with the territory. You get that many people in one area probability just kicks in naturally (although I still can't believe someone peed in the crowd). Luckily in out seats we were around some very humble people and all of us just collectively absorbed the music.

We all must admit that things are different now and it's probably gonna stay that way. Luckily we do have one more album coming our way (hopefully) so we'll see how this goes. I did like the fact that Danny came out in a Tim Duncan jersey again. Haha and Justin must've been drunk off his ass to come back out in that sombrero. Given all this I think I might add one thing........I'm pretty sure I lost my keys at the AT&T center.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.24.09 - San Antonio, TX @ AT&T Center

Renegrenade played the proper devil's advocate. It is quite clear that Maynard has checked out. I seriously understand that people go through transitions in their lives and that fire can die out from within. Although I personally think it's his vocal ability that has forced that transition. The band has been around for almost two decades and the natural toll of age plays a big part. It's still so amazing to see Danny still go at it. He is still the backbone of the band.

As far as audio goes the AT&T center sucks. I didn't understand a single word Maynard was saying. Of course Rosetta Stoned just sounded like a monkey in a blender. The clearest moment I had was when I went to take a leak during Flood. I swear it sounded so clear in the restroom compared to the inside. I did enjoy the slight visuals change up. We had a laser point directly on us at some points.

All in all I can't and won't get angry. We all had the choice to buy the tickets and realizing that from the start of this mini-tour it was quite clear that nothing new was in store for us. As for people complaining about fans that just goes with the territory. You get that many people in one area probability just kicks in naturally (although I still can't believe someone peed in the crowd). Luckily in out seats we were around some very humble people and all of us just collectively absorbed the music.

We all must admit that things are different now and it's probably gonna stay that way. Luckily we do have one more album coming our way (hopefully) so we'll see how this goes. I did like the fact that Danny came out in a Tim Duncan jersey again. Haha and Justin must've been drunk off his ass to come back out in that sombrero. Given all this I think I might add one thing........I'm pretty sure I lost my keys at the AT&T center.
OFFLINE |