View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 07:05 AM   #33
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/29 - Mansfield, MA - Tweeter Center

OK, picture this if you will: smack-dab in the middle of section 4; my 3 kids around me; trying to get warm and not kick over our drinks; and then: Holy fucking shit!

Great show. Not the best I've seen (Fleet Center Aug, 2002 was) but not a letdown, except for the sound which was somewhat disappointing. The mix seemed off in some songs - too high sometimes, muddy at others, but some songs sounded fine. I'm looking forward to comparing it against Manchester and Hartford. Now, I'm gonna tie-dye some shirts and sell them ... oh, wait ... sorry: flashback.

I thought the playing started off a bit uneven but quickly found a groove. I'm not going to catalog each song - highlights for me (YMMV): the bridge in Schism and the end of Lateralus (Danny is simply beyond...), Wings/10,000 Days, Vicarious.

Set list: nobody mentioned it, but I think they did an instrumental-only version of Disposition between Lateralus and Vicarious.

Side-note: it was my 11 year-old daughter's first Tool show, and she declared it "Awesome!"
OFFLINE |