View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 06:31 AM   #29
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/29 - Mansfield, MA - Tweeter Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr View Post
Edit: is there any condition in my ears that could possibly lead to lower sounds being changed into higher sounds? I was thinking and maybe only I was hearing this and the people tripping around me were just agreeing because they were tripping...and you can be suggested to believe practically anything when tripping.
yes it is possible for you to only hear higher sounds if you've done damage to your ears. there are tiny hairs deep within your ear that vibrate along with sound waves to help create what you hear. if they vibrate too much because you're listening to music or anything else too loud, they can become tired and stop vibrating (kind of like going to the gym and lifting weights until you literally can't move the barbell anymore). it's possibly your ears got to the point they could only respond to higher frequencies. i went to a smashing pumpkins concert 10 years ago and by the end of the night billy corgan literally sounded like a cartoon chipmunk to me. as long as you don't do it too often or to too much of an extreme, it will heal itself. if almost the entire show sounded that way to you though, i would suggest wearing ear plugs from now on. yes, it definitely takes something away from the sound, but there are decent ones that don't completely destroy the sound. personally i'd think that would be better than doing permanent damage to your hearing.

there are other ear conditions that could cause these problems but that's the most likely one, and it's also very possible you simply had terrible seats.

Last edited by dr funkmaster; 09-30-2006 at 06:35 AM..
OFFLINE |