View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 06:15 PM   #89
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: The reason I love this song

This song resonates with me in a way only one other song does/has. I have no idea what its really about, but it certainly makes me feel a bit less alone in the world when anyone speaks to things I've seen in my life, intentional or not.

"Listen to my muscle memory.
Contemplate what I've been clinging to."

This hit me like a rock when I first heard it. I'd spent a good portion of my childhood tensing my neck muscles, and still do at times though the habit has faded quite a bit over the years. While hearing a joke about someone wanting to choke their boss, I remembered being picked up by the neck and shaken when I was 8. Something that had been lost in the shadows of my past for almost two decades. My muscle memory never forgot though.

I could make a similar personal connection to every line of this song. Very few lyricists can pull that off from my perspective.

A part of me hopes that this song is about what it means to me, while another part hopes that it is about something else entirely. I don't expect I'll ever know and am content with enjoying it as much as I do.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote