View Single Post
Sliman1
12-11-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadropheniac View Post
Was the singer from Trans am eating a sandwich during the last song??????
It was actually a doughnut. HUGE difference. A sandwich says, "I skipped dinner, don't mind me." While a doughnut says, "I'm ready to rock and I enjoy baked goods!"

Anyways, it was a great show. It was my 4th time seeing them during the different legs of the 10,000 Days tour. The drum off in Lateralus was with Coady from Big Business, not with Trans Am's drummer. Coady was really holding his own up against Danny in the drum-off. That might have been the most memorable part of the concert for me.

Highlights:

Lateralus
10,000 Days (Better and better each time I see it)
Flood (Fucking heavy!)

Maynard seemed to really be into it. The crowd was surprisingly respectful as I did not see a lot of camera flashes. Though the metal detectors at the doors may have had something to do with it.

The videos playing throughout the songs got fucked up a lot. Then again... who really cares?

The intermission was intense and surreal. The lighting was mesmerizing. Orgy of the senses.

The venue was awesome (Section K orchestra). Acoustics were right on, though I wish I could've heard Justin better during Rosetta Stoned.

My minuscule gripes:
-Same setlist. It's been said over and over again so I won't elaborate except for the fact that Schism (over played) and Rosetta Stoned (boring until 7 minutes in) need to take a hike.
-I hate "fans" that show up to get drunk and yell (especially during Wings).
-It also looked to me that they were going to go into another song after Vicarious. Everyone on stage stood/sat still until the house lights came on. Disappointing but nothing that could ruin my Tool experience.
-Lateralus should be the "Closer." The energy after Lateralus was unmatched at any other point during the show.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:23 PM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dec 10 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadropheniac View Post
Was the singer from Trans am eating a sandwich during the last song??????
It was actually a doughnut. HUGE difference. A sandwich says, "I skipped dinner, don't mind me." While a doughnut says, "I'm ready to rock and I enjoy baked goods!"

Anyways, it was a great show. It was my 4th time seeing them during the different legs of the 10,000 Days tour. The drum off in Lateralus was with Coady from Big Business, not with Trans Am's drummer. Coady was really holding his own up against Danny in the drum-off. That might have been the most memorable part of the concert for me.

Highlights:

Lateralus
10,000 Days (Better and better each time I see it)
Flood (Fucking heavy!)

Maynard seemed to really be into it. The crowd was surprisingly respectful as I did not see a lot of camera flashes. Though the metal detectors at the doors may have had something to do with it.

The videos playing throughout the songs got fucked up a lot. Then again... who really cares?

The intermission was intense and surreal. The lighting was mesmerizing. Orgy of the senses.

The venue was awesome (Section K orchestra). Acoustics were right on, though I wish I could've heard Justin better during Rosetta Stoned.

My minuscule gripes:
-Same setlist. It's been said over and over again so I won't elaborate except for the fact that Schism (over played) and Rosetta Stoned (boring until 7 minutes in) need to take a hike.
-I hate "fans" that show up to get drunk and yell (especially during Wings).
-It also looked to me that they were going to go into another song after Vicarious. Everyone on stage stood/sat still until the house lights came on. Disappointing but nothing that could ruin my Tool experience.
-Lateralus should be the "Closer." The energy after Lateralus was unmatched at any other point during the show.
OFFLINE |