View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 09:41 AM   #19
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/09 - Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Pavilion

well...gammage was the best show i've seen untill last night... maynard was personable despite being hit in the head with the bottle. people are saying water but it was glass because he said it didn't even break...he said people need to learn different ways of expressing theire LOVE. He said LA always makes him sick and he didn't know if he's just allergic to LA or something else...said he was gonna jerk off to comedy central. Straight hated on LA for a good minute...said the only thing we can all do is pray for an earthquake right before aenima then when he said see you down in arizona bay of course the crowd here loved it really a united energy there! so he didn't sing 46 and 2 untill the final verse great song w/ or w/o him. would of liked right in two and jambi... wings for marie was intense. Danny was wearing an Omare Stoudemire (phoenix suns) uniform which was hilarious cuz at gammage he was wearing a Kobe jersey during there match up guess he's a front runner. They sold us shirts that said LA on the sleeve which is fuckin' hilarious obviously a sick joke cuz they clearly expressed dislike for the bs three ring circus side show of freaks that it is. Another great maynardism was a repeat i've read from a previous show... he asked why everyone had lighters if they take your crack pipes at the door... then he said some stuff that was hard to make out and referenced crack another time or two before the silence grew for what most people knew was gonna be 10000 days then he said "this one is for crack" and the song slowly began.

And of course on the music...gammage was like the album and i see now how it was a warm up tour... no song's sounded exactly like the record not one...schism had an insane drum solo danny's the man...rossetta stoned had new and more intense screaming guitar...there was another guitar solo added to another song lateralus i think...justin did some extra stuff here and there. Someone aluded to maynard repeating the same three lines in aenima three times....which the junkie failed to realize ends with "fuck your short memories" d o i h a v e t o s p e l l i t
o u t f o r y o u. and the most obvious addition to the show was electronic transitions played by none other than maynard on keyboard and adam on a synthesizer i believe fuckin' rad... not like the album not like previous shows everything was updated everything was full tilt. see them even if you saw the warm up tour this is much better!!!

Last edited by BigWeenie; 09-10-2006 at 10:03 AM..
OFFLINE |