View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 03:16 PM   #42
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/08 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center

Now i can write a proper interpretation/review of last nights show.

Last night my seat was in Floor section 2, 24 rows back and this was my sixth show (fifthw was the night before on thrusday) The show did have some great moments in it, but felt lacking as a whole, it just didn't have the same energy as the night before and the sound for friday's set was not as good as the thursday show either.. I felt the highlights of the show was Schism, Jambi, and Wings (BIG thanks to the band for returning to their comfortable but vulnerable spot for that one). Starting off with Rosetta Stones was interesting, throwing us straight down the hole... Too bad they had noticably messed up a couple times during it, after which Maynard replied "Ok lets start this for real". Perhaps he was just fucking with us.

The lazer show i thought was okay (maybe a little cheap), what was cool was the thin clouds from the fog machine were lit up on the lasers, (made it look like the lasers themselves were projecting them!!!!) which you could look up and ahead and have a more tangible feel from the visuals that are seen during Wings. Missing out on Right in Two was a let down for me last night, as that is easily considered one of the better live songs from this tour (my freind hated me for seeing it on thursday). Security SUCKED, both nights, real assholes. I had run past a thin line of them to get to a shirt stand after the show, and one yelled asking if i wanted her to chase me (wankers).
Even though this was the worst shape i have seen them, the show was still entirely whorthwhile and wholesome. What can i say? I"m a full hearted fan, whose been influenced in more ways than i can think of right now.

The meet up before the show was short but sweet, i didn't get to introduce myself to many of you that showed for it, and likewise didn't have many introduce themselves to me. KABIR, sorry i didn't notice you as the only picture i've seen you is the one with you wearing those sun glasses on the down.net site; also sorry for shaking your hand too long (i promise you i am not gay), it was just such a great pleasure to meet you who has assisted my cult relationship with these musicians.
OFFLINE |